Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand bookshops

Options
  • 22-11-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭

I'm an enthusiastic buyer of books and am often hunting for an old title that is out of print.

I know that charity shops etc often have big sections of books; but that is not quite what I'm looking for...although many surprise gems can be picked up in charity shops, they are not so good for searching for a specific title because - usually they don't put fiction in alphabetical order by author, and they don't group non-fiction by subject.

So, I am looking for a somewhat more professional bookshop that has out-of-print titles but not the fabulously expensive antiquarian type of thing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Have you tried Chapters on Parnell St? There's also a smaller secondhand bookshop on Talbot St opposite Independent Newspapers offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

Some credit unions do community book swap tables
    Otherwise the usual Car boot sales on around this time of year are a collectors dreamland in hard times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

+1 on Chapters but also ABEbooks.com which has provided me with gems at times.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Stokes bookshop in George's Arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Hurray, Chapters had the whole series that I was looking for! Thanks everyone who replied!

#beaming :-) :-) :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

The Secret Book and Record Store on Wicklow Street can be quite good. It's also fairly well organised I find.

Advertisement