Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone recognise this guy?

Options
  • 22-11-2016 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Here's a picture of a team of 3 people on supermarket sweep.
    The guy on the right of the picture looks just like me
    Does anyone know who he is? I tried a reverse image search and looked up the company listed on the t-shirt so short of watching every episode of supermarket sweep ever, I'm not sure I'll ever figure out who this is. As a side quest, anyone who wants to know what I look like can find my mugshot on www.publicwaterforum.ie

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated. I didn't google supermarket sweep myself. Got this sent to me by the guys in class today :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A young Penn Jillette??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Hes your da.
    Ask your ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Ugly ba$tdard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

You do know there is two of everybody in the world. Some mix up on Noah's ark...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Why don't people on supermarket sweep just go to the whiskey and fill the trolley?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Don't know who he is, but he's sh*te at supermarket sweeping. Look at the crap they have in the trolley. Kitchen roll, washing up liquid, green pampers, green ffs!!!
    Everyone knows you head straight to the hard liquor section.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The website is for what looks like a local TV channel in Jackson, Michigan. (The photo is not from the UK TV show Supermarket Sweep, it's a local charity trolley dash event)

I think you're unlikely to find anyone on Boards who knows the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

maudgonner wrote: »
    The website is for what looks like a local TV channel in Jackson, Michigan. (The photo is not from the UK TV show Supermarket Sweep, it's a local charity trolley dash event)

I think you're unlikely to find anyone on Boards who knows the guy.

That's a lead at least - thank you :)

The bad news is now I'm starting to think I look a bit like Penn Jillet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Shtanto wrote: »
    Here's a picture of a team of 3 people on supermarket sweep.
    The guy on the right of the picture looks just like me
    Does anyone know who he is? I tried a reverse image search and looked up the company listed on the t-shirt so short of watching every episode of supermarket sweep ever, I'm not sure I'll ever figure out who this is. As a side quest, anyone who wants to know what I look like can find my mugshot on www.publicwaterforum.ie

Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated. I didn't google supermarket sweep myself. Got this sent to me by the guys in class today :rolleyes:

Why though?

Are you going to, as the AT&T commercial says, reach out and touch him? :)

Edit:

Here you go OP

https://www.cuinsight.com/press-release/jackson-media-teams-go-head-to-head-in-supermarket-sweep

Second place honors went to American 1 Credit Union with team members Shaun Whitehouse, Tim Hernandez and Carrie Clayton.

So it's one of those guys I guess.

So will you reach out and touch him?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Stigura

And, I'd say Tim's our man here.

Relax, OP. Just one of those things, amigo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

are u part asian op

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Not sure about you but I am sure thats the young dragon Peter Jones in the middle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

frag420 wrote: »
    Not sure about you but I am sure thats the young dragon Peter Jones in the middle...

Looks very like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

The woman on the left is your one from the specsavers ad.

No doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Be honest OP, you don't give a ****, you just wanted to advertise publicwater.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Good old Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Seems OP we have a mutual friend.

Crap now he knows I facebook stalked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Here you go OP

https://www.cuinsight.com/press-release/jackson-media-teams-go-head-to-head-in-supermarket-sweep

Second place honors went to American 1 Credit Union with team members Shaun Whitehouse, Tim Hernandez and Carrie Clayton.

So it's one of those guys I guess.

So will you reach out and touch him?

:)

Bloody hell, that was quick! Ulysses finds one man out of 8 billion that looks like a fellow boardsie! Buy that man a Bass!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

He looks exactly how I would imagine a boardsie to look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Well that's that wrapped up in a neat little package then :D

Thank you all for solving this. Witchie, PM me there, who was it? And in fairness, a plug for publicwaterforum.ie is the least I can do after they bought me lunch.

Found Tim here on LinkedIn
    I didn't realise he was Asian when I asked in the first place. But you know I met my Mexican doppelganger in Toronto, so having an asian doppelganger with a Hispanic surname makes perfect sense ( :confused: ):)

@Mr. FoggPatches: they were given a shopping list
    @Alf Stewart: In hindsight (lol) a specsavers ad seems pretty funny considering how this has panned out

Advertisement