Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Game Shops And Or Charity Shops In Dublin?

• 22-11-2016 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm still half alive :)

Ive appointments in Dublin tomorrow but should have 3 to 3 and a half hours to spare between each (already allowing for travel time).

Is there anywhere I should try and have a look at in Dublin while I'm up in regards to charity shops or retro shops?

I'm aware of R.A.G.E. and their sky high ebayesque prices so will probably avoid that.... but I'm open to other suggestions. Looking for nothing in particular. Just killing time between appointments.

Answers on a postcard or even here as it would be much handier :D

Thanks guys,

Al.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't frequent Dublin enough to help you out!
    RAGE is about the only one I knew of, for a retro shop these days, as for Charity shops, I think there's a few on Sth Great Georges St, across from the Georges St Arcade or thereabouts, but not too sure if they have anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Capel street has about 5, and a new one just beside the bridge loads of spectrum games a few NES games i seen passing by. I didn't ask for prices as I'm try to declutter, there is also a good few on the Georges / Camden street area, also a small one across from lidl on Moore street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

You can try Game Exchange at 73 Talbot Street.

https://www.facebook.com/bookandGamexchange/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

GameSEXchange is ok, TBH not sure what they have in stock at the moment as it's been about 4 years since I was in the place. You can do the capel street run but TBH the only retro stuff I've found was a few NES games for €8 each about 3/4 years ago. Still you never know what you'll find!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Cash Encounters on Parnell street used to do retro stuff when they were located on Talbot street, but have been limited to PS2ish ever since (though with CeX around, the gen 6 stuff is generally covered soundly). Might be worth a goo. There's also a thrift shop just around the corner on Moore street (tiny place, just after the gates by Centra) that deals in older gear among many other things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement