Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water in Duirling/Doughiska?

Options
  • 22-11-2016 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi there,

I cannot check with the neighbours right now,just wanted to know if the whole area was affected or is it just me.No water coming in from the mains right now.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

It's off in most of the city bust mains, n typical council no update or information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Oh, all right. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's off in most of the city bust mains, n typical council no update or information

Much of the east side. I saw it on one of the local news sites hours ago. Burst waterman off the Headford Rd affecting the Ballybrit and Ballibane reservoirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Follow https://twitter.com/GalwayCityCo
    6 hours ago
    Burst Watermain Update: Estimated time until completion of repairs for the affected areas is 10PM

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

biko wrote: »

Hasn't been updated in over 6hours, it's well past the estimated time not acceptable in this day and age.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

lucianot wrote: »

It's mentioned here but it's 4hours past their fix commitment time with no subsequent update
    https://www.water.ie/water-supply/supply-and-service-update/#gis-alert-3346

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Why you blaming the council(again?). It's Irish waters problem not the councils. It even clearly states this on the councils website (which I assume you checked for updates before blaming them)

If power lines go down is it also the councils fault? If telephone lines go down is it also the councils fault?
    If Sky tv reception goes down is it also the councils fault?
    If corofin lose to st.bridgets is it also the councils fault?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Spotted a city cllr. saying on facebook that pressure should be returning over the next while. Direct quote
    "Update.....
    All repairs on damaged watermains will be done in the next hour.
    You should start to see a slow return to your water supply from 10/11 pm with full supply returning overnight. People living on higher ground will be waiting that bit longer as once water turned on it won't be at full pressure for some time in case they burst the line again.
    Any update to this I will post it later tonight"

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update. Water is slowly starting to return now.
    Cheers.

Advertisement