Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell near Kildare junction 13 m7

Options
  • 23-11-2016 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Moved into Monasterevin and wondering what the smell is passing junction 13. It's horrendous.

It's always there. Morning and evening. Just past the coloured flag things on the left after junction 13 heading to Dublin.

Anyone know what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Hi all,

Moved into Monasterevin and wondering what the smell is passing junction 13. It's horrendous.

It's always there. Morning and evening. Just past the coloured flag things on the left after junction 13 heading to Dublin.

Anyone know what it is?

That's the stink from Kildare Chilling Meat Factory, it's supposed to be filtered in some way now so it must have been awful beforehand. Also depends on the wind direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Jesus... Can't imagine living close to that! :(
    or even how it was before it was filtered. It's horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Yeah I always take a deep breath when driving past there. Awful on a summers day when you have the windows down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I lived in ruanbeg and it's certainly not as noticeable if you live there. It was worse on a foggy morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Hi all,

Anyone know what it is?

I believe its the slaughter factory OP. How you finding life in Monasterevin??

Was looking at homes there myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Historically it was always awful!

Glad to see its got a lot better in recent years but they obviously still have some work to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I believe its the slaughter factory OP. How you finding life in Monasterevin??

Was looking at homes there myself

Love it :) fantastic prices, great access to everything.
    Only issue is the commute to Dublin. If your not past junction 12 before 7:15 it's shît...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Love it :) fantastic prices, great access to everything.
    Only issue is the commute to Dublin. If your not past junction 12 before 7:15 it's shît...

Oh really. At least the train station is nearby. Its always an option.

Advertisement