Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five ring gas hob with wok station.

Options
  • 23-11-2016 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new gas hob.

We currently have a gas hob, but moving to a new home in the new year and the builder is giving me the choice of gas/electric hob/oven.

I have always used gas, so it will probably be my first choice, I am definitely interested in the five ring hobs, with the wok station in the centre. The wok is out in our kitchen pretty much every day, so it will definitely be justified in buying it.

Something along the lines of this

Just wondering if anyone has any hints or tips in what I should be looking for when purchasing?

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just be careful that you don't exceed the planned width for the appliance, a five burner hob with a wok station in the centre will be wider than the standard 60 cm space that is probably planned for your oven and hob, unless you're planing to install a 'range' cooker below the hob. There is a Neff four burner 60 cm hob which includes a wok burner and you can buy a wok ring designed for that specific hob.

http://www.neff.ie/product-showroom/hobs/gas-hobs/T22S46N0.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

coylemj wrote: »
    Just be careful that you don't exceed the planned width for the appliance, a five burner hob with a wok station in the centre will be wider than the standard 60 cm space that is probably planned for your oven and hob, unless you're planing to install a 'range' cooker below the hob. There is a Neff four burner 60 cm hob which includes a wok burner and you can buy a wok ring designed for that specific hob.

http://www.neff.ie/product-showroom/hobs/gas-hobs/T22S46N0.html

The house is still under construction, but I have received an email from the builder for plans, which I have to study and advise him on any changes I wish to make. (At my own expense presumably)

We can choose between gas and electric for cooking, but I wasn't aware of the dimension restriction, so thanks for that.

Advertisement