Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is this not selling

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's an estate, I would estimate less than 5% of the cars on the road are estates meaning 1/20th the demand of normal cars, the lack of leather seats might also be a factor. Should be a good time to be negotiating with the dealer to purchase it especially if your likely coming to buy it straight from them and the usual lack of sales for end of year putting pressure on them to meet sales targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Is there a requirement for cars under a certain age in ROI to have a KMPH speedo? Can't see any makings for KM on this one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

It's not selling because you'd get a much better car for less money imo.

For £15k you'd pick up a BMW 320d touring with auto box and leather with ~30k miles possibly a year older. That car would beat the Mondeo at a canter.

This Mondeo is pitched as a practically new car (ex demo). The miles support that but it's still two years old. Also 8 speed manual with a diesel sounds awful. Your left arm/hand will be in great shape very quickly.

I'd go with a proper used 320d instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Its an estate i am looking at for my lifestyle, and the leather seats are not an deciding factor.
    @ CalamariFritti This is a 6 speed is it not? My current model is a 6 speed so not worried.
    I have thought of the BMW though I think the boot space is a bit smaller and I tend to leave the car for long periods in isolated areas so I am thinking the Mondeo is less likely to attract attention. The current one was never touched.

@ landmarkjohn That speedo is something I was wondering about as well.

@Atlantic Dawn There seems to be bit of room on the price and I am in no hurry could leave it as take it. They know that so we will see.

I just cant get the fact it has been on the forecourt since May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is there a requirement for cars under a certain age in ROI to have a KMPH speedo? Can't see any makings for KM on this one....

Only brand new cars sold here from 2005 onwards. Imports are not required, some imports have both mph/kph while others just have mph.

• Advertisement

A 3 Series Touring is not going to offer the same space of a Mondeo estate if you need that space.

OP, are you aware that the car needs to have at least 6000km on the clock when importing otherwise you maybe liable for VAT as well as VRT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Hi bazz26 even is the car is a 2015 reg? I Thought the Vat was only an issue if it was under 6mths and 6000lm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

@ landmarkjohn That speedo is something I was wondering about as well.

#

I've just bought a 2015 Mondeo Titanium up north, you can activate the km/h on the dash via the menu in the computer. Entire dash is electronic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Hi bazz26 even is the car is a 2015 reg? I Thought the Vat was only an issue if it was under 6mths and 6000lm?
    From revenue.ie .......

When is VAT chargeable and payable?

For VAT purposes a new means of transport is a goods or passenger vehicle that meets either one of the following two criteria:
    • It is a new means of transport if it is a motor vehicle or motor-cycle (other than a tractor) supplied six months or less after the date of its first entry into service.
    • It is a new means of transport if it is a motor vehicle or motor-cycle (other than a tractor) that has travelled 6,000 kilometres or less at the time the vehicle is first presented for registration.
    If the vehicle meets either of these criteria the vehicle is treated as a new means of transport for VAT purposes and VAT is chargeable at registration

edit; you could drive it around for a few days and put 1,000KM on it fairly easily if you really wanted this particular car.

Just make sure that mileage listed on the sales invoice is at least 6k km too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement