Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh Pub To Watch Football

Options
  • 23-11-2016 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I'm back again

Over here now, want to try and watch either match tonight(then see about Dundalk tomorrow) with maybe food.

Asked a few hotel(old Waverley on princess Street) staff ranging from not being Scottish to what's football

Thanks for any and all help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sportsters near wavereley has lots of TVs so you can watch a few matches at once. It's not great but it does sports well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

jimmii wrote:
    Sportsters near wavereley has lots of TVs so you can watch a few matches at once. It's not great but it does sports well!

Google maps has it down as permanently closed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jeffk wrote: »
    Google maps has it down as permanently closed

Jaysus didn't know that must have only gone recently. Look at their site looks like its getting a decent refurb it was looking pretty tired the table TVs were ancient!

Beer and skittles if you're new town side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

jimmii wrote: »
    Beer and skittles if you're new town side.

Good spot, I watched some of the Euros there.

Yeah just seen the site notice, shame as looked the ideal place

I'll take a look into beer and skittles , thanks for recommendations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Finding a pub with champions league wont be difficult. When you say 'either' match, I assume you are referring to Arsenal or City? Don't forget, Celtic play Barca at home, so that will most likely be on in every pub (that shows football). Should be a good atmosphere if you're happy to watch that game.

The Queens Arms, just off George Street, will definitely have the football, and is a nice pub (though I've never eaten there).

Not too sure about the Dundalk match. You would likely have to try one of the Irish pubs for that. Malones might be a good bet. It shows all the GAA. Also, it's normally a bit quiter than Biddy Mulligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We watched the rugby in malones on Saturday. Big screen and 3 smaller ones had the Irish game on and 1 small screen showed the Scottish Game :)

Great thanks lads

My hotel has no screen and was told next hotel and they can't guarantee and only terrestrial TV channels

Never thought about city, just thinking about Celtic or Arsenal, be interesting to see Celtic match over here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You have to try asking if they're showing "fitba" not football.

For the Dundalk, you're best sticking to the Irish pubs alright, Finnegan's and Malone's being the pick of it.

If it's not too late tonight I'd try and get into the Queen's Arm for the grub.

In Mulligan's watching arsenal match.

Dundalk match on tomorrow confirmed by staff, just need a win to finish it off.

Thanks again for an information

• Advertisement
Advertisement