Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used car loan

• 23-11-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

just wondering if anyone has any experience using usedcarfinance.ie?
    Have never really borrowed from any institution other than the main banks before so a little wary. Unfortunately my main bank are a little reluctant to lend this time as thiink I'll be a bit too stretched.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are slightly more expensive than the Banks but I would assume they will have similar affordability criteria. Credit Union might be a better option, really depends amount you need, if there's affordability questions from the bank you need to assess whether you can actually afford the car, factor in runnings costs and insurance etc.

10k over 48 months

Cost of Credit €2,342 (APR 11.27%) usedcarfinance.ie
    Cost of Credit €1,813 (APR 8.95%) AIB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Unfortunately if you want to buy used you are at mercy of your bank, credit union ( only of the have a deal going on at lower apr, otherwise it's same as bank) and garage itself from who you buying.
    Bank now are pretty much on 8-9% Apr
    Some garages go from 3.9% - 12%++

The worst I sow in UK garage doing 16.5% Apr on a 3K car. Which was completely bonkers money in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've used them before and they're grand, found them very helpful to deal with. Customer service was great, far easier to deal with than my bank!

Advertisement