Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

character reference and financial history

Options
  • 23-11-2016 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, i am a uk resident and uk citizen.My wife is a uk resident and Irish citizen. We want to open a current euro account with the branch in Ballymote ,Sligo. I have read about what documentation is required. It says the proof of address must match exactly with the name on my passport / driving licence. None of my bills have my middle name on them (which is quite normal) 
    1... does this mean i will have to contact my utility company to get my name changed on the bill or will a bill with my first and last names be acceptable.
    2....the site says i need a character reference but it does not specify if it should come from a professional person / friend / family member. Who can provide one and what should it contain.
    3....It says i need to provide a financial history from my bank. What exact content would be required and how far back should it go please.

thank you very much...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hello, i am a uk resident and uk citizen.My wife is a uk resident and Irish citizen. We want to open a current euro account with the branch in Ballymote ,Sligo. I have read about what documentation is required. It says the proof of address must match exactly with the name on my passport / driving licence. None of my bills have my middle name on them (which is quite normal) 
    1... does this mean i will have to contact my utility company to get my name changed on the bill or will a bill with my first and last names be acceptable.
    2....the site says i need a character reference but it does not specify if it should come from a professional person / friend / family member. Who can provide one and what should it contain.
    3....It says i need to provide a financial history from my bank. What exact content would be required and how far back should it go please.

thank you very much...
    Hi tonytrouble,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Once you have photo ID with your first and surname the same as it is on your bill this will be acceptable as proof of ID and the bill can be used as proof of your address.

A character reference would need to be giving by a professional person; this can be giving by your bank.

If you can provide a six month bank statement of your account from your bank this will be sufficient.

If you’d like to discuss any of this further with our account opening team you can call them from abroad on 0035314044000.

Representatives are available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm and 10am-2pm on Saturday.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement