Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online365 Assistance

Options
  • 23-11-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Yesterday I tried to activate my online banking account. Had about 30 minutes of credit on my phone, gave it a try. Dialed 1890 365 500, I was told to wait from 10 to 20 minutes.
    Just when I was about to hang at 25 minutes, a member from activation team got into touch, so I began the process... it took more time because they did have some trouble matching my IBAN record, took some more minutes... and then, ran out of credit.

Is there a way to activate the online account into the bank itself? On another countries I've visited, they had a phone line within the bank that you could do these kind of transactions saving some precious time (and call credit)

Thanks in advance
    J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

chonix wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Yesterday I tried to activate my online banking account. Had about 30 minutes of credit on my phone, gave it a try. Dialed 1890 365 500, I was told to wait from 10 to 20 minutes.
    Just when I was about to hang at 25 minutes, a member from activation team got into touch, so I began the process... it took more time because they did have some trouble matching my IBAN record, took some more minutes... and then, ran out of credit.

Is there a way to activate the online account into the bank itself? On another countries I've visited, they had a phone line within the bank that you could do these kind of transactions saving some precious time (and call credit)

Thanks in advance
    J.
    Hi j,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear you experienced delays whilst calling BOI Direct to activate your B365 PIN.

It is necessary to call BOI Direct to activate your PIN. We do have phones at all of our branches that you can use to call BOI direct and activate your PIN.

We hope this helps,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

chonix wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance
    J.
    Hi j,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear you experienced delays whilst calling BOI Direct to activate your B365 PIN.

It is necessary to call BOI Direct to activate your PIN. We do have phones at all of our branches that you can use to call BOI direct and activate your PIN.

We hope this helps,
    Tara C
    Awesome! Thanks a bunch for the quick reply. Have a great day ahead.

Advertisement