Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending letter to letting agent/landlord that you're not renewing

Options
  • 23-11-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I tried looking for this online but didn't find anything quite right, i need to draft a letter essentially saying ill see my lease to its completion but i wont be renewing. Anyone done this recently?

Not sure what else i should be including in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

How long have you been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

almost 4 years, but each year has been a new 12 month lease

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

rogercross wrote: »
    Hi All,

I tried looking for this online but didn't find anything quite right, i need to draft a letter essentially saying ill see my lease to its completion but i wont be renewing. Anyone done this recently?

Not sure what else i should be including in it.
    Look at the models in this RTB page:
    http://www.rtb.ie/dispute-resolution/dispute-resolution/sample-notices-of-termination
    Check the Required Notice Periods and use the Standard Notice Providing Appropriate Period accordingly. If your lease agreement provides a shorter notice period for you, then you can use the one in your last 12 month lease. Usualy for a fixed term lease the termination date coincides with the final date in the lease, even though you have part 4 rights and without seeing the lease it is impossible to say what the correct notice period is.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

GGTrek wrote: »
    Look at the models in this RTB page:
    http://www.rtb.ie/dispute-resolution/dispute-resolution/sample-notices-of-termination
    Check the Required Notice Periods and use the Standard Notice Providing Appropriate Period accordingly. If your lease agreement provides a shorter notice period for you, then you can use the one in your last 12 month lease. Usualy for a fixed term lease the termination date coincides with the final date in the lease, even though you have part 4 rights and without seeing the lease it is impossible to say what the correct notice period is.

Ok thanks

Advertisement