Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old equipment worth money?

Options
  • 23-11-2016 12:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

I work in a school with a lot of obsolete or broken IT equipment, such as laptops, old CRT monitors, printers and scanners.

We're looking to raise funds. Wondering if any of this old equipment is worth anything, or do most places just send to recycling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

It depends on what you have but generally it's worthless.

Depending on where you are/what you have you might be able to donate some of it here rather than just recycling.

http://camara.org/give-computers/#whatwetake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

ive tried to donate old equipment, and toners etc, and been let down too many times.

if you donate old pc stuff and it ends up in an illagal dump, you could end up in bother. we use a registered Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) company. Safer in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

http://www.electronic-recycling.ie/
    you may be able to sell printers if they are working ok,and you have the manuals .
    see www.adverts.ie for sale computers
    if old laptops are working you might get 40-50 for a pentium 4 laptop with 2gig ram. 80gig hardrive .
    I think you can give crt monitors to charity, any pc with less than pentium4 1.5ghz cpu ,1gig ram,
    is basically worth nothing ,
    Unless its a vintage mac pc which some people collect.
    i gave away a laptop recently ,it has 128meg ram.cdrom drive.5gig drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Adam Walsh

Depending on how old the stuff is i would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Adam Walsh wrote: »
    Depending on how old the stuff is i would be interested.

I also would be interested

• Advertisement
Advertisement