Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cyclist down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

ted1 wrote: »
    reports saying a female cyclist isn't in to good of a condition after an incident involving a truck

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/female-cyclist-rushed-to-hospital-after-colliding-with-truck-in-rushhour-traffic-35238687.html

also once again Cllr Ring get in to the action with cyclists.

Right, let's get the next protest organised. That's the same route Donna Fox cycled to work. I'm beyond fed up, I'm angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Summerhill/Portland Row - why isn't there a protected cycleway on this deadly street?

I see one of the first commenters on the Indo wants cyclists - not big trucks - banned from the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Chuchote wrote: »
    Summerhill/Portland Row - why isn't there a protected cycleway on this deadly street?

I see one of the first commenters on the Indo wants cyclists - not big trucks - banned from the city.

Not sure it would help, cause people would still turn left onto Portland Row. So if cyclist is in the blind spot and goes straight on and truck turn left it will still happen, unless you put a yield sign for the cyclists not to go straight on from the cycle lane till its safe

People need to stay aware, drivers check their mirrors and cyclists not dart down the side of cars when the car/truck clearly indicates its going left

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I presume we don't know the cause of the accident yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭V-man

Passed the scene this morning on my bike however it was not clear to me what happened.
    Horrible..... I see those things too often.

Let's hope for a good recovery and that something will change for the better, this can't go on like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,083 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Saw the photos in the journal. She's lucky to be alive

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭V-man

Chuchote wrote: »
    Another woman down in Drimnagh this morning, near Old County Road, with gardaí and fire brigade present.

How many of these accidents happen without being reported?
    It seems the Garda only gets involved when somebody is seriously injured.
    http://www.injury-compensation.ie/bicycle-accident-claims/

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've moved most of the posts in this thread to a new one on Cycling infrastructure and safety

Please do not use reports of specific incidents like the one linked in the OP to start such discussions when we have no information over what happened. We cannot speculate on cause/blame or the condition of any party involved. Only the relevant authorities are in a position to do so

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Damn I'd have cycled through this junction only minutes before.

Apart from RLJ's (cyclists & motorized vehicles) I wouldn't have thought this junction was particularly dangerous, although the road surface at the old Rutland St school is in a terrible condition.

Poor girl :(

Advertisement