Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pajero overheating in idle

• 23-11-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Any mechanics or pajero drivers? 02 pajero 3.2did. Overheating on idle. Thermostat, water pump, fan and fan clutch have all been replaced. Gauge is dropping when heating is put on. No overheating issues when driving motorways, hills or on tow.
    Only a recent problem...

Saw online could be an issue with a lack of fluid around the fan clutch? Just wanted to pick peoples brains. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'd say it has to be fan related as this is the only possible source of heat exchange when the jeep is idling.

Is the fan kicking in early enough and if you watch the gauge when the fan kicks in does the gauge react ??

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Fan and fan clutch both new and previously working fine. I'm only noticing it in idle when the engine is already warm. In the mornings I find it slow to warm and the heating zaps all heat. Gauge moving up and down appropriately so it would seem as when driving it doesn't budge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Blocked radiator - reduced capacity?

The radiator is a high contender as it's the only thing unchecked. Will flush it out as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Temperature sensor maybe

• Advertisement

The thermostat has already been changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

There's a sensor too I think besides the stat that activates the fan.

Advertisement