Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Leaf II To Be Announced Soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

https://cleantechnica.com/2016/11/23/nissan-exec-new-leaf-unveiled-soon-new-design-battery/

Seems like I could be right that the unveiling just might be in Detroit in January after all. (fingers crossed)

Seems also that they are making the batteries in house and kind of contradicts the fact they're supposed to be getting gout of the battery making business.

These new batteries are "already in production"

no more has determined what " soon" is with Nissan. reports vary all over the place . I suspect its a holding statement to ward off potential Bolt and model 3 buyers

Well better to get it right than release it early whatever the delay is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭positron

2017-Nissan-LEAF-rendering-1-270x156.png

Car looks great (if that's indeed the final design). Will hold up against Hyundai Ioniq, where as Ioniq is way better looking than the current LEAF.

Who knows if that will be the final design? , I actually like the rear and sides of the Leaf, it's just the front I find ugly.

Who knows if that will be the final design? , I actually like the rear and sides of the Leaf, it's just the front I find ugly.

Funny , I think the front looks nice , and the rear " dumpy " or heavy , especially from a hind quarter view

• Advertisement

Of course you would BoatMad....... :D

Of course you would BoatMad....... :D

I had the same thought myself as I posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

BoatMad wrote: »
    Funny , I think the front looks nice , and the rear " dumpy " or heavy , especially from a hind quarter view

Yep front looks modern and aggressive, rear is fugly though. Could be a grower though

s.welstead wrote: »
    Yep front looks modern and aggressive, rear is fugly though. Could be a grower though

The leafs rear three quarter view is the most ugly in my view its looks like its dragging a diaper along the ground, from most other angles its look good to OK,

next-gen-nissan-leaf-rendered-with-murano-and-pulsar-elements_2.jpg

next-gen-nissan-leaf-rendered-with-murano-and-pulsar-elements_1.jpg

• Advertisement

if that concept gets realised , it looks a lot better from the arse ! mind you the rear lights look like front lights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭positron

That is a decent design, but I would be surprised if it's this good - most Japanese cars are meh looking lately, with the exception of Mazda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The URL superimposed on the pic suggests its just some random guy on the internet rendered it rather than any leak from Nissan.

http://www.theophiluschin.com/?p=6790

The existing Nissan Leaf is no beauty. I’m not expecting the new one to win any beauty contest either. Here’s my impression of the next leaf, a combination of the Murano and Pulsar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Is all we need is for Trump to tweet that picture and then it's true.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Advertisement