Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope to Germany for servicing?

Options
  • 23-11-2016 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Has anybody sent a scope or other optic to Germany for servicing in the recent past?
    I'm sending back a S&B and am trying to find the safest and most cost effective way to ship it..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I sent a Docter scope over for a reticle change last year. I just sent it registered post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Make sure its insured for its value. I sent motorcycle parts to malta during the summer and they went missing for three weeks due to a dodgy courier somewhere along the line, it was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to go with DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

How much does it cost if ya dont mind me asking ?

How much does it cost if ya dont mind me asking ?

I've gotten quotes between €60 & €100. Difference depends on whether you go with post or courier and how much you want to insure it for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

leupold90 wrote: »
    I've gotten quotes between €60 & €100. Difference depends on whether you go with post or courier and how much you want to insure it for.

Sorry I ment the service/repair ? What needs doing to the scope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

leupold90 wrote:

IIRC it cost me about a tenner to register and insure it with the post office.

Sorry I ment the service/repair ? What needs doing to the scope

S&B will issue a quote when they get it they tell me. It maybe covered under warranty..

Advertisement