Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIFI Authentication Issues in three router set up

• 23-11-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

I have recently added a third router to my home network . In the attic is the gateway router, Huawei E5377 mobile wifi dongle. To boost signal this connected by a USB cable to the second router, a TP Link MR3420. An ethernet cable runs from this to the third router downstairs, a Zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 which produces wifi signal and is cabled to the sky + box. I have password security switched off on all three routers and everything worked fine with all three networks working in unision under the same SSID name, switching to stronger network depending on location in house. After a while though the third router would have aunthentican problems when trying to connect to it with any device, thus preventing connection to other two routers also. A simple reboot solves this problem but Im wondering what be causing it? I have DHCP switched off on the Zyxel and is in bridge mode. I have set static ip addresses for the three routers, 192.168.8.1(default Huawei), 192.168.0.1(TP LINK) AND 192.168.0.2 for the Zyxel. Should the Huawei be handling the dhcp exclusively and turn this off on the TP Link aswell as the Zyxel? Currently I have DHCP pool on the TP LINK set to 192.168.0.3 to 192.168.0.100. The Huawei also has DHCP on assigning addresses in 192.168.8.2 and upwards pool.Please forgive the Ignorance in this field and thanks in advance for any possible assistance with this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Man your network is a mess TBH.

Do you need 3 points of transmission or would 2 cover the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ED E wrote: »
    Man your network is a mess TBH.

Do you need 3 points of transmission or would 2 cover the house?

haha I know man, two routers would suffice but the third is the original mobile wifi router i began with so cant be removed. Bar the odd reboot of the downstairs zyxel router it all seems to be working fine now.

Advertisement