Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year House Was Builit

Options
  • 23-11-2016 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭

Hi

How do you check year house was built, looking to apply for insulation grant and wondering who would have this information.

House has to be built before 2006 to get grant, checked the electric meter outside house and unfortunately meter date is September 2006 install date

Could build date be earlier?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can you check the planning permission for the house?
    Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

thierry14 wrote: »
    Hi

How do you check year house was built, looking to apply for insulation grant and wondering who would have this information.

House has to be built before 2006 to get grant, checked the electric meter outside house and unfortunately meter date is September 2006 install date

Look at the ordinance survey photos online. Is it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

I got that from the BER report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Hi

Look at the ordinance survey photos online. Is it there?
    Hi Claw

How do you check that?

Is it for free?

vmb wrote: »
    I got that from the BER report
    Hi vmb
    I can only see date of issue on the cert, ber was done this year on the house
    Where is build date on it exactly

• Advertisement

Hi vmb
    I can only see date of issue on the cert, ber was done this year on the house
    Where is build date on it exactly

It is in the website. Go to https://ndber.seai.ie/pass/ber/search.aspx , introduce the BER code and it is available in the "Dweling details" area

kceire wrote: »
    Can you check the planning permission for the house?
    Where is it?
    Planning permission was from 2001, certificate of compliance was signed off in December in 2005 by the builder

Does that cert confirm house was built in 2005
    SEAI says house has to be built before 2006 for the grant.
    Could save me a few thousand if I get it
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/housing_grants_and_schemes/home_energy_saving_scheme.html

I checked that information for the same purpose, though I am going to change the heat system next year.

Mine was built in 2004, I thought it was in 2006, so it will also save me a few hundreds :D

vmb wrote: »
    I checked that information for the same purpose, though I am going to change the heat system next year.

Mine was built in 2004, I thought it was in 2006, so it will also save me a few hundreds :D
    Thanks vmb

Checked it there

No such look for me, built in 2006

Gutted :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Planning permission was from 2001, certificate of compliance was signed off in December in 2005 by the builder

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/housing_grants_and_schemes/home_energy_saving_scheme.html

If the Cert of compliance was issued in 2005, that means the house was completed and complied with planning and building regulations in 2005, which means it was built before 2006.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »

If the Cert of compliance was issued in 2005, that means the house was completed and complied with planning and building regulations in 2005, which means it was built before 2006.
    Thanks Kceire

I am going to argue that with SEAI if they refuse me the grant.
    It looks like the grant is based on when electric was turned on from reading the SEAI site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Hi Claw

How do you check that?

Is it for free?

www.Osi.ie

Look at the 2005 photo. It is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

If it's a ten year restriction will it not change from 1st January 2017 to houses built before 2007? You should double check that.

GoneHome wrote: »
    If it's a ten year restriction will it not change from 1st January 2017 to houses built before 2007? You should double check that.

I don't think it works like that though

Like the 08 motor tax, it's a 06 cut off

Don't think it's a 10 year thing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I guess the assumption is that houses built after 06 are already well insulated (which I'm sure is not the case, though maybe the building regs changed then).

Advertisement