Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann network improvements - Limerick

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

So after a week in operation does anybody have a definite idea of the route the 304 and 304A go from town to Raheen and back in? Have a few appointments out that way this week and think it would be easier to get the bus instead of driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

leo78 wrote: »
    So after a week in operation does anybody have a definite idea of the route the 304 and 304A go from town to Raheen and back in? Have a few appointments out that way this week and think it would be easier to get the bus instead of driving.

Both will bring you out past the hospital. 304a will bring you to Raheen roundabout.

niallers1 wrote: »
    Timetable attached. Both will bring you out past the hospital. 304a will bring you to Raheen roundabout.

Timetable attached

Thanks Niallers. I've seen that but want to know intermediate stops as well to see which one would work best for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

That 304 timetable is unintentionally hilarious. Coming from UL it goes from Childers Road to Debenhams but doesn't bother listing any stops in between to give you a clue as to how it gets there. Presumably Ballysimon Rd/Mulgrave St, then around Sexton St, Roches St and Henry St before turning up to Debenhams. Anyone without good knowledge of those roads and the one-way system wouldn't have a clue what route the bus takes.

• Advertisement

I agree iguana. That's why I'm asking. As for the TFI map its a joke as well. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Could somebody tell me if there is going to be more double decker buses introduced and used on routes other than the 304.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Why are there buses going both ways along Churchill Meadows/Ballycummin now? I'm completely confused by the new timetable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mutant z wrote: »
    Could somebody tell me if there is going to be more double decker buses introduced and used on routes other than the 304.

I heard there are but Im not sure how true that is.

Tried ringing BE several times today to find out what the story was with the new routes. Surprise surprise no answer. I actually thought there would be more discussion on here about these new routes.
    If they are serious about Limerick being a Smarter Travel city or whatever bull they spout out they would want to pull their socks up and give us more information about these new routes.
    Ok rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 LimkTeach

From what I've observed while walking the bus turns left after the hospital then left again(first exit) at the small roundabout near eir on Mulcair Road continuing on passing Raheen foodstore until the roadabout at Dooradoyle Road where it then takes the third exit and straight through the next roundabout. It then passes Collins and turns right and up through Churchill Meadows(skipping old route section Glencairn)When it gets to Church Road/Ballycummin Road it then turns right travelling in the direction of the church. At Raheen church it turns left goes all the way around Raheen roundabout infront of Casey's and then back up right by the side of the Church. It then retraces it's path all the way back to the hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

niallers1 wrote: »
    304A Goes from University, Kilmurry lodge hotel, Super-value , Monaleen School (Stops 75 yards before and after the traffic lights if needed) Schoolhouse road, Golf links road past the Golf course and back onto the Dublin road, Past the Parkway, Cherrydale court, Pennywell, Crosses onto Sexton Street at the horse and hound , Parnell street, Train/Bus station, Upper Mallow street, Pery Square , onto O'Connell Avenue, Ballinacurra, Crescent shopping centre, Avonmore Road and then Raheen Roundabout at the entrance to the industrial estate.

Nice to have this option now opposed to just the car

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YearZero

Is there still a bus that stops outside Limerick Training Centre in Raheen? Where does it leave from and when? I have to be there in the morning and am mildly confused

YearZero wrote: »
    Is there still a bus that stops outside Limerick Training Centre in Raheen? Where does it leave from and when? I have to be there in the morning and am mildly confused

301 will drop you outside old Fas building. Download the real time ireland App. It's fairly accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Good to hear about the introduction of 7 new deckers to the fleet Hopefully they will used on routes other than the 304, it Would be nice to have an extensive transport system serving Limerick city something it has been unfortunately lacking in the last number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Cityslicker1

It's strange how there is no city bus service to Annacotty village considering how developed it is and a major suburb of the city especially when you take a city like Galway as an example with a city service that goes out to Oranmore which is a completely separate town & Cork as another example with city services out as far a Blarney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

It's strange how there is no city bus service to Annacotty village considering how developed it is and a major suburb of the city especially when you take a city like Galway as an example with a city service that goes out to Oranmore which is a completely separate town & Cork as another example with city services out as far a Blarney.

These kind of low density estates, which are far from the city centre, make it very costly to provide a bus service. Also, if the infrastructure between Annacotty and the city isn't good, then the bus service will be slow and unreliable, and ultimately unpopular and not economically viable for that reason also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You hit the nail on the head when you said Oranmore is a completely seperate town.

Unfortunately the powers that be allowed Annacotty to be swallowed up by Castletroy's sprawling housing estates, resulting in Annacotty losing its identity as a seperate village.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

euro bus used to run a service from the village, think it was mini bus, stopped it due to low demand

Advertisement