Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to return a TV to amazon.uk

Options
  • 23-11-2016 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys, I'm new to Ireland, I just bought a 55" TV from amazon, but I'm not happy with the quality and stuff, so I want to return it.

Anyone knows how can I do that in the cheapest way?
    Already spoke with amazon, and they said that since there is no issue with the product, I would need to pay for the shipping.

How can I do that? UPS, Parcel Motel?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

so your TV is not faulty in anyway? Its a change of mind scenario?

looks like you go to the returns center and arrange a return there. the cost of return is deducted from your refund.

Returns Costs & Methods

Amazon will refund the cost of sending an item back to us if it’s defective, damaged or incorrect and in many cases, we’ll provide you with a pre-paid returns label. If your return is not the result of an Amazon error, and you’re using a pre-paid return label, we’ll deduct the cost of the return from your refund. For returns from within the UK, costs start at £3.99. International return costs start at £8.09. Please note that returns that contain multiple items, or large items, may cost more. We offer various returns methods which will differ depending on the item(s) you’re returning. We’ll always display the most accurate return costs and methods available for your item(s) in our Returns Support Centre when you create your label.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 justluh

Yeah, it is a change of mind, the tv was no good at all for gaming :/

that's interesting, because amazon support said that I would need to contact UPS or something and pay for the charges myself
    didn't say anything about deducting the costs, I will try to contact them again

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

You have 14 days to return that begins from the day your item is delivered.

Amazon have always paid my return costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

893bet wrote: »

If stated there are free returns, they do pay costs, but when not stated, they don't.

An post will probably be best option or try and sell it on Adverts.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

893bet wrote: »

For a change of mind they are certainly not obliged to by law and their website also confirms this too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

justluh wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm new to Ireland, I just bought a 55" TV from amazon, but I'm not happy with the quality and stuff, so I want to return it.

Anyone knows how can I do that in the cheapest way?
    Already spoke with amazon, and they said that since there is no issue with the product, I would need to pay for the shipping.

How can I do that? UPS, Parcel Motel?

Thanks in advance

There are several parcel companies who will take your large TV to the UK for €30-€60 but they will not cover any TV for damage. If it arrives at Amazon damaged you are not only down the cost of the TV but also the return cost.

The best option you have is to keep it and sell it privately as a brand new TV on Adverts.ie or some other free ads website like Gumtree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Cabaal wrote: »
    For a change of mind they are certainly not obliged to by law and their website also confirms this too

What about distant selling rules/regulations? Are you not entitled to return any item within 14 days without giving a reason?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html - cooling off period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

yeah - fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

What do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

BobPresto wrote: »
    What do you mean?

As in why should a retailer have to bear the cost of returning items for a change of mind?

There's no obligation to, though some do offer free returns.

Advertisement