Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods

Options
  • 23-11-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about getting more credit on littlewoods ,I am with them a good few months ,but my son wants this Christmas present that s over 1000 and I am allowed 400 does anyone know how I can get this or if I would have to pay up front and how much thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

from the littlewoods website

We are happy to
    consider any requests for an increase but reserve the right to decline it. If you think your credit limit is not enough for you, contact us on
    01 811 2222.

so you can ask, and they will assess your income and see if they are happy to loan you the money based on how great a risk they think you are.

OP, did you note the apr is 39.9%? My credit card is cheaper than that! I sugges tyou explore other options 1st such as a bank load or credit card, as it will work out cheaper in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

OP, If you can possibly get a loan from your local credit union you would be much better off.

Credit Unions can be understanding and they often loan money to customers to cover the cost of Christmas/Communions etc. (to prevent them from approaching Moneylenders). The rate of interest Littlewoods is charging is extremely high. Good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

OK, this is going to sound judgmental, but I can't help it.

What the feck is your child looking for that costs a grand? You cannot afford it, sorry, you have to accept that. You would not need a loan or credit if you could.

Does the child get everything they want not matter that mum/dad cannot afford it. Road to ruin.

But still, as it is approaching Christmas, I hope it works out for you and you are not paying this off until next Christmas, when the next pressie will cost 2k.

I'm going back in my box now. Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It's really none of our business what the OP is getting her son for Christmas.

I remember relatives of mine telling me off a few years ago for spending almost €600 on an iPad for my then six year old. It has turned out to be one of the best purchases I ever made as they've used it at home and school for lots of educational stuff. I'm sure the OP can make up her own mind as to whether borrowing the money is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Financing is of course the way to go with large expenditure. Only spend what you have in cash is a bit 'hand to mouth'..

Cars, houses, extensions, businesses are all financed. If you were to save for everything, you'd always be spending your savings and never have a penny.

Very presumptuous of you Spanish Eyes to jump to the conclusion that the op needs to finance it cause she couldn't afford it otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Financing is of course the way to go with large expenditure. Only spend what you have in cash is a bit 'hand to mouth'..

Cars, houses, extensions, businesses are all financed. If you were to save for everything, you'd always be spending your savings and never have a penny.
    That has to be one of the worst pieces of financial advise I have read, anywhere, in many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Decided to use littlewoods at the weekend for 2nd time. Had an account with them few years ago refused credit was not to bothered at time. Left the account there in case i wanted to go back to it but never did. Decided on sunday to give them another try as needed to buy something. Was offered €400 credit so made a purchase. On tuesday night got an email to say they had decided after conflicting information to cancel my order and remove the credit. Called this morning to see what the conflicting information was to see could it be fixed (very possible could be something small like a typo in my address. Appears the security team could not tell me what the issue was but that my account would now be closed. It certainly wont be 3rd time lucky with them so i aint trying a 3rd time

Advertisement