Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting .ie site instead of .uk

Options
  • 23-11-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi folks,

i am trying to get into the early learning centre site uk which i was in last week and had no problems but today when trying i am automatically brought to mothercare.ie (which is the irish stockist of the ELC stuff) Any idea what i am doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It happens to me too
    Probably they "sense" from your IP that you are in Ireland and thus redirect you to their Irish site.

This is pretty common on various sites and can be frustrating sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭golfcaptain

Try clearing your cookies or using a private/incognito tab then try the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 southie_anseo

Try clearing your cookies or using a private/incognito tab then try the UK site.

tied the incognito window but no still getting the same site very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jgorres

For occassional use try a free web proxy service. This will give you a UK IP address when surfing their site.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

jgorres wrote: »
    For occassional use try a free web proxy service. This will give you a UK IP address when surfing their site.

Just a warning. I wouldn't purchase anything or enter any personal data using a freebie proxy.

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement