Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Screen of Death ....

Options
  • 23-11-2016 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭

Turn on Xbox 1 , launches to the Green Screen with Xbox on it, and the circles underneath it.
    And it then stays on that for about 5mins, then the "System Error" comes up.
    Ive tried the few things they suggest on the Microsoft website, I have held in the power button and then plugged the console out. But when I restart the console the green screen is still frozen.
    I have gotten as far as downloading the update onto the flash drive but haven't completed it yet ....

Have other people experienced this ?? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The USB should sort it or delete it altogether and put it back to day one, I think it's usually a corrupt hardrive...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Will games ? Profiles be lost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

greenspurs wrote: »
    Will games ? Profiles be lost ?

saves you mean?

they're backed up to the cloud so you should be able to recover them, any games you own digitally can be redownloaded.

jaysus ..
    Kids are gonna love having to wait for 10hrs for games to redownload !! ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

jaysus ..
    Kids are gonna love having to wait for 10hrs for games to redownload !! ...

Yeah, when it comes to downloading stuff on a poor connection, I always tell people to bring it to a friends house with good broadband, or into work.

Another way to do it is to get an external USB3 drive, and get a friend to copy their games onto the drive for you. They'll work on your machine, so long as you have the rights to them, and is a handy back up as well.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, when it comes to downloading stuff on a poor connection, I always tell people to bring it to a friends house with good broadband, or into work.

Another way to do it is to get an external USB3 drive, and get a friend to copy their games onto the drive for you. They'll work on your machine, so long as you have the rights to them, and is a handy back up as well.

:D now , why didn't I think of that !!!!
    Will have the xbox on the desk .....:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

:D now , why didn't I think of that !!!!
    Will have the xbox on the desk .....:D

Well, it depends on the workplace as well, the bigger places will have their network locked down tight (or, at least, they should), but sure you can only try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Well, it depends on the workplace as well, the bigger places will have their network locked down tight (or, at least, they should), but sure you can only try.

Most companies these days have two networks, one for internal use and one for guests. Private devices (phones, tablets, etc) get connected to the guest network and have unfettered access to the Internet, and no access behind the firewall.

How would one do this?
    via WiFi connection ? :confused: (I am a bit non techie)

How would one do this?

Just bring it into work and connect it to the network. You'll know quick enough if they don't allow it, as it won't connect at all. If it does work, maybe keep it under your desk so the IT people don't see it! ;)

• Advertisement

you know you are getting old when Xboxes baffle you, And your 10 and 7 year olds know more about it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

How would one do this?

You would need a TV or a monitor that has an HDMI input. Otherwise, you won't be able to configure the network connection. It would have to be a WiFi connection, no office I've ever been to would have wired guest connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

JoyPad wrote: »
    You would need a TV or a monitor that has an HDMI input. Otherwise, you won't be able to configure the network connection. It would have to be a WiFi connection, no office I've ever been to would have wired guest connections.

:rolleyes:
    Dont be letting my place hear you say that, I am able to use the wires to connect stuff in here :D

Advertisement