Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Little Acre

Options
  • 23-11-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to work out why I haven't heard of this before. It's a beautiful looking point and click adventure game that seems to be heavily influenced by the Don Bluth look, and it's set in 1950s Ireland.

Charles Cecil from the Broken Sword games is involved and it looks as if they have a full Irish voice acting cast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Instantly reminded me of the Irish level in Broken Sword. Very interested in this.

I hope it does well for them. if any of them post here they should make themselves known I think , I have questions :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Broken Sword's animation was created in Ireland. Wonder if there's a connection still there with Charles Cecile being involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Broken Sword's animation was created in Ireland. Wonder if there's a connection still there with Charles Cecile being involved.
    It seems Cecil has only come on-board recently. I would have thought having his name attached as EP would have been more useful when they were getting the funding and publishing contracts sorted so yea, definitely interested to know if there's more to it. Possibly signalling future work for hire for the company after The Little Acre ships?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This came out yesterday on Steam; didn't even realise it had a fully Irish (and Dublin-based) dev team behind it - that in of itself made me take not & I hope they get achieve great success and sales, niche genre notwithstanding. Cecil's role as Executive Producer seems a little nominal, but as was said above it probably opened some doors for PewterGames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks lovely. The main criticisms seem to be a weak story and it's short (about 3 hours).

Same price as a cinema ticket (more or less), so I still think it's good value.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/423590/

Mr E wrote: »
    Looks lovely. The main criticisms seem to be a weak story and it's short (about 3 hours).

Same price as a cinema ticket (more or less), so I still think it's good value.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/423590/

2 reviews I read also commented on an abrupt ending

Advertisement