Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick brew time

Options
  • 23-11-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

I have been notified of a community event taking place on the 9 Dec. If I started a simple extract beer tonight is it possible to have it ready by then? I'm thinking keeping temp for primary relatively high to to stable reading in more minimum time which should hopefully give ten to twelve days in keg. Doable or would I end up with a terrible beer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

You could do it but you might put a lot of people off trying your brews ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

That's what I was thinking. I also have a English Bitter kit. Can't imagine that would turn out any better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It's doable if you can force carb it in a keg. Something very simple like a basic IPA - pale extract, come crystal grains, lots of hops and a great big dry hop. 10 days or so would see it fermented out.

You've no time for conditioning though so unless you can keg it it's gonna be practically flat and it'll still most likely be cloudy.
    Can it be done - yes.
    Should it be done? - probably not if you want to make quality beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks. I think I'll leave it. Not worth the trouble and I'd rather a better product than a quick one.

Advertisement