Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial insurance question

Options
  • 23-11-2016 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Had commercial van insurance with Axa for 6 years for my dj work. Got a company van with the day job, recently we are told we can't use company van for our own use.
    So I need to buy a new van/car and insurance.
    Tried few places but was told they don't insure entertainment industry people.

Basically is it cheaper to go with a car or is there anyway around getting insured commercialy. I think Axa had general goods on my last policy as what the van was intended for.

Any help guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

I know it is an extremely difficult occupation to have insured, even online systems will just no quote immediately.

I'd try a strong broker with a large personal lines book - Brittons perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Corvo wrote: »
    I know it is an extremely difficult occupation to have insured, even online systems will just no quote immediately.

I'd try a strong broker with a large personal lines book - Brittons perhaps.

Do some people just put it something else on there form?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

leestone wrote: »
    Do some people just put it something else on there form?

That's very likely, but it is obviously not what I would suggest as you would only be giving an insurer a way out. I've only got it agreed once in my whole time in insurance, as a favour.

I'm thinking this is not your full time job? Something you do on the weekends or every second weekend? I'd explain that to the insurer also, that it is a part time job. It's still unlikely, but someone must be doing it. Surely everyone can't be lying? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Corvo wrote: »
    That's very likely, but it is obviously not what I would suggest as you would only be giving an insurer a way out. I've only got it agreed once in my whole time in insurance, as a favour.

I'm thinking this is not your full time job? Something you do on the weekends or every second weekend? I'd explain that to the insurer also, that it is a part time job. It's still unlikely, but someone must be doing it. Surely everyone can't be lying? :pac:

Yes it's not my full time job.
    I remember my last policy had something like "general goods" on it. Could l say i do something like only need the van to get to work won't be carrying anything

Advertisement