Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Permanent Limited My Account

Options
  • 23-11-2016 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

We recently reviewed your PayPal account and determined that some of your
    transactions violate PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy.

We determined that you received gambling payments from other PayPal users,
    and in turn, sent those payments to another website for gambling purposes.
    While this website is approved to accept payments from certain PayPal
    users, PayPal does not allow intermediate accounts to receive gambling
    payments and use those funds to facilitate gambling. By engaging in such
    transactions, you are acting as an unapproved operator of gambling
    activities per the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.

As a result, your account has been permanently limited and this cannot be
    appealed.

So come home from work to find out that my paypal has been permanently limited, and i can't appeal at all. Just gave a ring and the person responsible for limitations was a nice gentleman with an Irish voice and told me that i have absolutely no chance of using paypal in the future.

I was honestly going to give out and rant but honestly i don't understand how i'm supposed to know when my customers sends me money that they received from gambling institutions and in turn used that for my own use which i gamble too in my own time and i enjoy it.
    So yeah they gave me absolutely no warning or anything, just an email straight saying the above and saying it was closed thats it!

I really don't want to go to a court for this or anything but honestly having my paypal permanently limited will have a huge impact on my income:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

We recently reviewed your PayPal account and determined that some of your transactions violate PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy.

I really don't want to go to a court for this or anything but honestly having my paypal permanently limited will have a huge impact on my income:mad::mad:

Just curious - on what grounds would you take them to court?

Sounds like the Paypal AUP was breached. You agree to abide by those, in order to use the Paypal service. If you breach their policies, they can limit, or terminate your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

You have nothing to go to court over.

Paypal are a private company and are under no obligation to provide their services to you or anyone else.

You may bemoan the fact that you cannot do any number of things without access to Papal and other ubiquitous tech companies who can deny you use at any time but that is the reality of modern life.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This isn't a consumer issue as you are a business accepting payments. Closing to figure out where to move.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement