Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card

• 23-11-2016 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

If an unauthorized transaction is made on my credit card how soon will I find out? Will I have to wait until the end of the month when I receive my statement or is there a system in place where ican check how transactions have been made?

Im considering getting one but I want to be it is not used inappropriately.

Thanks
    mitch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It all depends on the particular credit card you get. If it's issued by Bank of Ireland, they allow you to check the current balance on 365online.com where you can see all of the transactions since your last statement and since a few months back they have a new website (bankofireland.creditcardservicing.com) which will show you pending transactions - purchases working their way through the system which have not yet been debited to your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,052 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Transactions will usually show up through your online banking within 3 working days of them being made.

Advertisement