Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from level 7 to level 8

• 23-11-2016 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20

Hey guys,

I am currently in my first year in a computing course that is a level 7 in ITB. I want to transfer to course in DCU that is a level 8. Is it possible to do this after one year or will I have to do another year in ITB to be eligible to transfer to DCU?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's not unheard of, but the best thing to do is contact the person responsible for the course you want to transfer to.

The main issue is not the transfer itself, but the subjects in the Level 7. There would need to be a big deal of overlap between year 1 of the Level 7 and year 1 of the level 8. Otherwise you would be at a significant disadvantage in year 2 of the level 8.

Advertisement