Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Connection

Options
  • 24-11-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi
    Currently have an EI account on an apartment, I have just bought a new build home - and moving in over the coming weeks. I have requested the connections etc which are in progress. However I fear I have made an error when trying to set up my new account. 

As I did not want my existing apartment connection cancelled - I went online and set up a new account entered the electric and gas mprn numbers, property info and my bank info. And received an email saying I will be contacted with account numbers etc in the coming days and it can take up to 4 weeks for the account to be set up. 

I have since discovered a home move page on the website which seems much more straight forward and now wonder have I used the incorrect forms and now have possible 2 connections going through - any advice please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi kkapp,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If the property has never been connected before or is with a different supplier, it can take up to four weeks to complete. A straightforward move-in will take less time.

If you would like us to make sure that your request has been processed correctly, please send us a private message with the following details:
    • Your full name
    • Your MPRN and GPRN
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement