Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day/Night electric switching

Options
  • 24-11-2016 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I have day and night meter and I was using Pre Pay Power and now switched to some other company. Today in the morning I disabled my PPP so now the balance doesn't go down.

Normally I could see the day/night mode via the keypad but because it's deactivated I realized I had to check the meter. And it turns out that meter doesn't switch to night rate at 23 o'clock (winter time), it stays on day rate till 23.30 then it switches. Before it was all digital (on keypad) I could just see "1" switch to "2" at 23.01.

There is an analog timer (like a clock) next to meter and probably makes it switch to day night modes.

Is it really okay for electric meter to switch at 23.30 . Is it done on purpose or should I call ESB to ask/notify them about this? Probably my landlord won't really care about it so I will have to deal with it.

I hope this is the correct place for the question.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement