Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E651 Visa problem

Options
  • 24-11-2016 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    5 of us are heading to Australia for christmas. I have applied for the E651 visas for us all on line. No problems for my wife and our two kids (aged 6 and 5), but my mothers application wont go through as it keeps getting an error saying that "you have to be outside of Australia to apply for this visa". I have checked and re-checked the application and everything is correctly filled in, but I still get the error. I have sent a messgae to the appropriate contacts through the website but haven't heard anything back in a few days. Any advice on where I can go or contact to try and resolve the issue?
    Additionally, im still waiting on my visa to be progressed, but at least it was lodged and accepted...
    Thaknks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just to follow up on this since yesterday. I ended up having to ring the Embassy in London as the one in Ireland doesnt deal with Visas... Long story short they think the issue might be that my mams passport/visa may not have been registered as having left Australia 19 years ago when she was there for a wedding :eek::eek: I have had to send a photo of her current passport and any details I have from her last vist ... yes, 19 years ago. She is up the wall over this now and thinks she's not going to get this sorted before we go. Anyone shed any light on WTF and how this might have happened...
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I know its a long time ago but any banking records, pay slips, mortgage payments etc as proof she was in Ireland at the time and had left if they need it. It appears as if it is an error on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

She has been home 19 years and has travelled to spain, portugal and other places since then on the passport. Im hoping these other journeys will be lodged with the passport and verify that she isn;t in Australia... She is fierce worried over it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I've been to Australia loads and got stopped going in once as my visa didn't have my middle name. Plus my mam accidentally ticked yes on everything, so she had loads of convictions!

I've always done my visa online but if you ring Trailfinders they are really helpful and have a contact in the UK embassy. Had to do to enquire about a carers visa. Doesn't cost anything 6777888

Advertisement