Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

01 Renault Clio no hot air

• 24-11-2016 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi guys could do with some ideas on this. My daughters car has no hot air. I've changed the thermostat and flushed out the heater matrix. I've bled I've kissed it's proverbial but still no heat. Last yr I done the head gasket and timing belt wp while I was at it and had hot air up to recently. All pipes are not and engine temp is normal.. I'm out of ideas..
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

had the same problem on a different vehicle recently, closer investigation found that the cable that moves the air mix flap had broken the outer sleeve at one end, so turning the temperature dial was doing nothing to the flap, permanent cold air, the fix was to replace the cable that connects the dial to the flap, so that it moved the flap again. if there's heat getting to the heater matrix and both heater pipes are hot, then you're looking for something like this.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Thanks for your input Steve but I don't think that's the issue with my car. I can detect a slight change in temp when I move the temperature dial..this issue has me baffled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Could it be a mechanical obstruction? Leaves and other crap in the vents? Does dash warm up?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Thanks biko I will have a look but I doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

These always clog up the heater matrix with corrosion, only solution is to replace it which is a total pain in the ass!

• Advertisement
Advertisement