Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man United vs Feyenoord 8:05 - BT Sport 2

• 24-11-2016 9:00am

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is expected to start for Manchester United when they take on Feyenoord (8.05pm) in the Europa League on Thursday.

Jose Mourinho has confirmed the Armenian, who has made just one senior appearance since his half-time substitution against Man City in September, will feature at Old Trafford after being left out of United's 1-1 draw at home to Arsenal last Saturday.

With United sitting third in Group A, they could face elimination if they lose to their Dutch opponents and Fenerbahce beat Zorya Luhansk.

stream_img.jpg

Yea, not letting a Pool fan start a Utd thread ever again :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Is Ibrahimovic expected to start?

• Is Ibrahimovic expected to start?

I wouldn't say so. From what I remember I don't think he started last Uefa Cup game (Open to correction)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's a weird feeling wanting utd to win this game tonight. It won't break my heart if they lose, but I'd much prefer them to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I wouldn't say so. From what I remember I don't think he started last Uefa Cup game (Open to correction)

I thought he only sends people who are starting out to the presser?

• 5starpool wrote: »
    It's a weird feeling wanting utd to win this game tonight. It won't break my heart if they lose, but I'd much prefer them to win.

?

Odd one 5star but I assume you want Utd in the competition so that we have to play more games in the season

• Advertisement

• crkball6 wrote: »
    I thought he only sends people who are starting out to the presser?

Fair point. I missed the presser yesterday.

?

Odd one 5star but I assume you want Utd in the competition so that we have to play more games in the season

Yep. Ideally I want ye to do similar to Liverpool last year, go deep, but not actually win it. Semi final loss seems about right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

5starpool wrote: »
    Yep. Ideally I want ye to do similar to Liverpool last year, go deep, but not actually win it. Semi final loss seems about right to me.

At least Liverpool aren't there to beat the shizzle out of them this year! So maybe they can make the semis if they actually get out of their group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

At least Liverpool aren't there to beat the shizzle out of them this year! So maybe they can make the semis if they actually get out of their group.

Winning a game in a competition you don't end up winning.

That's meaningful alright.

I guess one has to take the little victories where one can, eh.

• 5starpool wrote: »

Makes sense from a rivals perspective.
    Not to drag off topic but having a week between practically most of your games is a huge advantage.
    Anyway back to the Utd game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is Dirk stll at Feyenoord? I might give it a watch in the hope he bags a few if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Winning a game in a competition you don't end up winning.

That's meaningful alright.

I guess one has to take the little victories where one can, eh.

Ah yea twas just a game, or was it the only time they've ever clashed in Europe, yeah I'll enjoy that little victory, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Not to drag off topic but having a week between practically most of your games is a huge advantage.

I'm not sure I agree in this case. United are still learning to play under Mourinho and need games to get consistency. Throw in a pretty big squad, except for defenders and you've got an ideal case for two games a week with some rotation.

United need a run of form, luck and games. One a week isn't great for creating any momentum.

• s.welstead wrote: »
    I'm not sure I agree in this case. United are still learning to play under Mourinho and need games to get consistency. Throw in a pretty big squad, except for defenders and you've got an ideal case for two games a week with some rotation.

United need a run of form, luck and games. One a week isn't great for creating any momentum.

That's also fair to an extent but realistically Thursday night games historically bring injurys and very short timelines between PL games at the weekend regardless of how much we can rotate the squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Is Dirk stll at Feyenoord? I might give it a watch in the hope he bags a few if so.

Yep and Brad Jones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yep and Brad Jones

I thought Jones retired, glad to see he's still playing so I'll have to throw my eye over he match now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's really not.. 9 out of 10 times a team that is playing midweek wins the league.. this myth has only come about since Pool nearly won the league and Leicester won it..

I would reckon it's more the teams involved in the Europa that ruin the form as there is a hell of a lot more traveling to the arse end of no-where.

Also what's the difference between thur-sunday-Thursday to wednesday-Saturday-Tuesday. IMO this is just trotted out as an excuse by British teams to mask their failures in the Europa League.

• astradave wrote: »
    It's really not.. 9 out of 10 times a team that is playing midweek wins the league.. this myth has only come about since Pool nearly won the league and Leicester won it..

I would reckon it's more the teams involved in the Europa that ruin the form as there is a hell of a lot more traveling to the arse end of no-where.

Also what's the difference between thur-sunday-Thursday to wednesday-Saturday-Tuesday. IMO this is just trotted out as an excuse by British teams to mask their failures in the Europa League.
    I'm kinda more coming from an injury risk perspective but point well made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

astradave wrote: »

It is a huge advantage.The reason the teams playing Europe win the league is because they tend to be the best teams with the best players.If those teams weren't in Europe and their rivals were I would imagine it would help them.In particular not paying in Europe helped Leicester and is helping Liverpool now because of the intense style of play those teams have.I'm pretty sure Chelsea having more time off is helping them this season as well and it certainly helped Liverpool that season they nearly won the league in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Often the difference is where the game is played - obviously Rotterdam is not an issue but plenty of EL games take place in cities esp in the east that are small and very regional with no direct air links to England never mind Manchester or Liverpool. The plane might be 3 hours drive away at the capital airport and leaving at 5 AM to London and then a flight to the NW.

• Advertisement

Often the difference is where the game is played - obviously Rotterdam is not an issue but plenty of EL games take place in cities esp in the east that are small and very regional with no direct air links to England never mind Manchester or Liverpool. The plane might be 3 hours drive away at the capital airport and leaving at 5 AM to London and then a flight to the NW.

Given this game is a lot closer to Manchester than Rotterdam, there are less reasons for it to impact them than that even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jose's post match interview will be great if Mkhitaryan makes a mistake or doesn't track back and it leads to a goal.

Saying that he will probably score a hat-trick and look like a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paul Scholes must be the saddest looking multi millionaire in the world the man never has a smile on his face these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was hoping to see Mkhitaryan playing, but apparently we are playing Mackie-Tare-eon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice positive start. Had plenty in the box from that Valencia cross.

Some nice early touches from Mikhi.

Ibra looking sluggish in possession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Why is Blind following his man 20 yards into the opposition half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Savage is an idiot.

• Advertisement

Jaysus... Sloppy!

Had almost forgotten how ugly Kuyt was.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

You'll never beat Romero.

Well I hope so.

Ibra has been woeful

Poor start really despite a few half chances.

Ibra has been woeful thus far.

Flat footed, poor passing, very sluggish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah that was much better

great ball by Rooney

great ball by Rooney

He's done alright so far.

Cracking goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Boom. Beautiful chip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Waheyyyyyyyy Wooney.

• Credit to Rooney he did really well

Cracking goal.

Stream Spoiler :P

Probably just offside but will take that goal. Nice little dinked finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Lovely finish .

awh lovely goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Clearly a free out, Rooney pushed the defender over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Ibra has been woeful thus far.

Flat footed, poor passing, very sluggish.
    You should have posted that earlier :)

Class goal. Brilliant desire from Rooney to keep the run going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How's Mickey R doing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement