Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Mazda CX-5 with trade in, how much should I be expecting to haggle

• 24-11-2016 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some advice.
    Taking the below for a test drive on Saturday morning, presuming all going well, I'll be looking to sit down and talk figures afterwards.
    We went to see it last Sunday (couldn't test drive as we had the dog in the back of our own car and were covered in mud!).

I'm trading in a 2011 ASX and I feel the trade in price was ok but there's definitely room for improvement on the trade in, £200-£300 extra.

I won't be taking finance on the car, it will be cash deal for the remainder.
    This appears to be one of the cheapest on the market too (it's not the sport spec) so I'm wondering what kind of movement on the price I can expect?

Just to add, the car will be staying in the UK as I live here and the reason for the low miles is that it was the salesman work car, he's been using it for commuting with one London trip.

I'm relatively confident of some negotitation, based on the trade in value, he asked if that's what we were expecting in an open ended way, he also told us the high and low trade in values they'd found for the ASX and also he let slip that he's waiting on delivery of a 2017 CX-5 for himself so this will need to be gotten rid of.

All advice appreciated.

Cheers!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608126742771?logcode=visc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭walus

2.5% at best I'd say.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

walus wrote: »
    2.5% at best I'd say.

Ok thanks, that kind of ties into my initial thoughts of rounding it down to 18k flat, which is just under 4%. So could work up to meet at the 2.5% markdown.

Added to a couple of hundred on the trade in and I'd probably be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just FYI it's being replaced next year (car has already been unveiled) so you could push him on that.

Thanks, I'll definitely be using that too.

Out of interest, they have a pre-reg brand new 2016 in stock too, it's 19,995.
    Am I any more likely to get that knocked down significantly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's going to be difficult for anyone here to answer that as your talking UK prices rather than Irish prices where most people are based in here. The one thing I can say is that UK asking prices tend to be closer to actual selling prices than over here where dealers expect a certain level of haggling so include a higher level of buffer into their asking prices.

• Advertisement

Very true. We'll see how tomorrow goes anyway.

To update this in case anyone picks the thread up at a later point. I effectively was able to get 3% knocked off the price.
    Few things worked against me:

- the trade in
    - it was already the lowest price out there

Also had 6 months tax thrown in and half a tank so all things considered I only went ~£70 over budget.

Advertisement