Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLA1_002 Cabinet

Options
  • 24-11-2016 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Look it's been nearly two years now where we've been told repeatedly this cabinet was coming "soon". My previous post asking about any progress was ignored here months ago.

So I ask months later, with the FTTH rollout starting when can we actually expect anything? The village is excluded from FTTH too rather predictably. From what I can see there isn't even a cabinet placed yet, why is that? How can something like this be delayed this long?

The government believe we'll be getting the NBP rollout but asking this out of interest because the approx 150 houses that could in some way benefit from the cabinet (including the house I'm in) has been left for years with just empty promises. Hearing these claims from cold calls doesn't help the situation and neither does the lack of clarity on the fibrerollout.ie map which just simply claims build has "commenced".

As you can imagine it gets very tiring and annoying when Eir call once every few months going on about their great "deals" and how efibre is "available" now in the exchange when we've been stuck on sub 2mbps for years with no sign of it improving until the NBP.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Look it's been nearly two years now where we've been told repeatedly this cabinet was coming "soon". My previous post asking about any progress was ignored here months ago.

So I ask months later, with the FTTH rollout starting when can we actually expect anything? The village is excluded from FTTH too rather predictably. From what I can see there isn't even a cabinet placed yet, why is that? How can something like this be delayed this long?

The government believe we'll be getting the NBP rollout but asking this out of interest because the approx 150 houses that could in some way benefit from the cabinet (including the house I'm in) has been left for years with just empty promises. Hearing these claims from cold calls doesn't help the situation and neither does the lack of clarity on the fibrerollout.ie map which just simply claims build has "commenced".

As you can imagine it gets very tiring and annoying when Eir call once every few months going on about their great "deals" and how efibre is "available" now in the exchange when we've been stuck on sub 2mbps for years with no sign of it improving until the NBP.

Thanks

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]legocrazy505,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. The dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have our latest NGA rollout file for the most update information on this and the estimated deployment date we have on this cabinet is 3-6 months.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Thanks

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]legocrazy505,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. The dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have our latest NGA rollout file for the most update information on this and the estimated deployment date we have on this cabinet is 3-6 months.[/font]

It's on a pavement in an estate full of people desperate for faster broadband so I doubt it's consent holding this up. Anyway, it's nice to hear an actual estimated timeline rather than the ambiguous and rather infuriating "build commenced" label that gets used on the fibre rollout map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks

It's on a pavement in an estate full of people desperate for faster broadband so I doubt it's consent holding this up. Anyway, it's nice to hear an actual estimated timeline rather than the ambiguous and rather infuriating "build commenced" label that gets used on the fibre rollout map.
    No problem  legocrazy505.

-Pamela 

Advertisement