Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance Rollers

Options
  • 24-11-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a decent pair of resistance rollers. Never owned a pair of rollers or a turbo before.

Up to now have been using a wattbike in a gym. But to save time by training at home , would like to a pair of rollers as they are quieter than a turbo?

My worry is how effective the resistance to be if I want to do some proper interval sessions. My threshold watts is only 270 so not pushing huge power. Can anyone recommend me a pair of rollers that would be good enough for this?

I have a set of power pedals if that's of any significance at all..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Thinking of buying a decent pair of resistance rollers. Never owned a pair of rollers or a turbo before.

Up to now have been using a wattbike in a gym. But to save time by training at home , would like to a pair of rollers as they are quieter than a turbo?

My worry is how effective the resistance to be if I want to do some proper interval sessions. My threshold watts is only 270 so not pushing huge power. Can anyone recommend me a pair of rollers that would be good enough for this?

I have a set of power pedals if that's of any significance at all..

I have the cycle ops aluminium rollers to which you can add a resistance unit. Found them good, quiet, resistance of rollers alone fine for say 20min intervals.

Used to be a big advocate but not so much anymore. Cant zone out and watch dvd etc and can do anaerobic intervals for fear of coming off.

If buying guide again I would get a fluid turbo.

Advertisement