Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective section - public, The Coombe?

Options
  • 24-11-2016 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I have recently found out I'm expecting no 2. I had a terrible birth on my first child. My Gp has written a letter to ask that I be given a section on this birth due to numerous complications throughout the labour. Ended up with a forceps delivery with an episiotomy. Suffered from PND and severe hip/back pain for 2 years after. I'm very anxious going again and it's taken 4 years to even consider it. I'm under Prof. Chris Fitzpatrick.

Anybody any experience with said consultant or getting an Elective section going public? Im wondering do I have a battle on my hands?!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I haven't sought an elective section, (yet) but like you 2 years after a traumatic birth, I'm still suffering flashbacks, back and leg pain and I've been referred to see a birth trauma psychologist. I'm in Mayo.
    I've only made it as far as the GP, I've cancelled my hospital appointment twice.
    I am simply terrified of walking in the hospital door. I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my 6th. My previous 4 births before my last were straight forward and quickly.
    There is no fear that I have experienced in my life compares. I know how you feel.
    Make an appointment with the consultant, tell them of your experience, your ongoing fear and pain and figure out what's best for you.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Thank you Cbyrd. I hope things go smoothly for you too. It's very hard when you're so anxious over a past experience. It takes over your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

It absolutely does. Sometimes it's nice to know I'm not the only one ..
    Thank you.

Advertisement