Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liner Hotel or Pullman? Liverpool Hotels

Options
  • 24-11-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone, a few of the lads and myself are going over to Liverpool in April. I was given a choice of the Liner Hotel (3 star) and Pullman (4 star) for accommodation by the travel agency with the Pullman €10 more expensive per person. As the difference in price was quite minimal between a 3 star and 4 star, I went with the Pullman. After looking at booking.com where it scored a highly impressive 9.4 out of 10 to the Liners (also not to be sneezed at) rating of 8.7 I felt vindicated. However I was thinking after that maybe the Pullman might be a bit posh for a lads trip and that the Liner would be handier as more central to the city centre and have more bars etc. I can still change this so just wondering has anyone experience of both hotels general and what would you advise? Greatly appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Liner is fine anyway. Haven't stayed in the other one. The bar stayed open a bit late too.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

hi there,

I stayed in the liner a couple of years back while over for a football match. The liner was great, very central, 5 minute walk from the bus station and a stones throw from the city centre.
    Bar and restaurant in the liner also very good so I'd recommend there, haven't stayed in the Pullman so can't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I've stayed in the Liner when in Liverpool for a match. It wasn't grim but it was bordering on it. Mid morning on the Sunday the entire public areas of the hotel were hired out as an overflow space for the theatre next door. Rooms were probably acceptable for a 3 star. Food was pretty poor even by the standards of Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The Liner is very central you are at the back of Lime Street Station . As for the rooms they are very outdated but if its for a lads weekend I don't think that would bother you to much . The pullman is top notch and very modern but its down on the docks and 10-15 min walk to Concert Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

i stayed in the liner wouldn't stay there again, gets very loud from the trains early morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement