Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lunch

• 24-11-2016 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if any hotels are doing Christmas Day lunch?
    Possibly a bit late now, but if anyone knows who is doing lunch it would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Saw the Greenhills advertising in either the Post or Leader today, details prob on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The Castletroy Park. Nice spot, good grub:

http://www.castletroypark.ie/christmasdaylunch.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The Savoy is, saw it advertised somewhere recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Thanks folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

The Strand Hotel too I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Think about the people who have to work that day to cook your lunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

apc wrote: »

Yip

Double (and in some cases TRIPLE) time and a day in lieu!!!!
    Happy days. Ho ho ho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Radisson are doing it too. €90 a head ....cheaper than Castletroy Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

apc wrote: »

Not all people living here celebrate Christmas or observe December 25th as a religious day. Some people might actually favour earning 2 or 3 times their normally hourly wage rate on what is just another normal day to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

There was a time when people went home for Christmas, it was one of the few days that the hospitality industry had off. Now we have people who have to go into work at 4 in the morning on St. Stephan's day so people cant go to the sales. Sad state of affairs. I have worked many a Christmas day, and no matter how you try to say we will wait until you get home or we have our Christmas day on St. Stephan's day, its not the same. Its one day a year, lets give everyone a break and by the way not everyone that works Christmas day gets extra pay. Christmas day is a Sunday this year so technically Bank holiday pay doesn't apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Thinking of booking this myself. Did you book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

maryk123 wrote: »
    Thinking of booking this myself. Did you book

No, waiting til next week to book I'd say. Sick family member so depends on how that goes.

Spoke to the Savoy twice and was supposed to receive a call back, twice , and they didn't bother. Even if they are booked out, you would think they might tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I rang savoy booked out they rang me back. Castletroy park booked out. Strand booked out. All that is left is green hills. Just wondering was anyone ever there. I booked it in the end I was afraid I wouldn't get anywhere. So we will see what it's like.

Advertisement