Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Pat Shortt...I watched 'The Flag' on Christmas day. I don't even know where to begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭optogirl

Yeah, Trainspotting 2. "That looks good" - No one ever.

Actually everyone I know (well maybe not my Da) is very excited about this. Book was great, same cast, reviews have been excellent so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,590 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Neil Delamare is the archetypal unfunny Irish comedian.

I have a theory that the only reason Neil Delamere keeps popping up constantly on RTE is that because the shape of his small squat head works okay within the dimensions if you're shooting for TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gramar wrote: »
    Pat Shortt...I watched 'The Flag' on Christmas day. I don't even know where to begin.

I tuned in expecting to hate it, but actually ended up sort of enjoying it.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

alie wrote: »
    Al Porter, paid 55 euro to see im, turned up late, came on stage at 11.45pm and walked off 25 mins later.:mad:

Disgraceful.

If you don't have at least an hour long set, you've no business charging prices like that. The guy needs to stick to open mic nights until he develops a proper stage show like all headliners have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Capt Peacock

Yeah, Trainspotting 2. "That looks good" - No one ever.

2014 just called...they want their catchphrase back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

2014 just called...they want their catchphrase back.

Yeah 1994 called looking for it's joke too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm sticking the rubberbandits in here now. Used to be very funny, until they decided they were experts on the world political stage. So now they sit on the Late Late Show making great debate wearing plastic bags on their heads. And they wonder why nobody takes them seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,195 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's more of an indictment on the Late Late Show than it is of the Rubberbandits.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm sticking the rubberbandits in here now. Used to be very funny, until they decided they were experts on the world political stage. So now they sit on the Late Late Show making great debate wearing plastic bags on their heads. And they wonder why nobody takes them seriously?

They were never even remotely funny. Does anyone here think this clip is even vaguely amusing?

I fully expect their chief fanboy Dannyriver to be here at at moment now to defend the indefensible. :pac:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

LordSutch wrote: »
    Brendan Grace :(
    NqgaR8n.jpg?1
    If you ever....
    but yeah, other than this appearance I can't say I've found him all that funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

el diablo wrote: »
    They were never even remotely funny. Does anyone here think this clip is even vaguely amusing?

I fully expect their chief fanboy Dannyriver to be here at at moment now to defend the indefensible. :pac:

Did you see them in Trainspotting yet, imagine that Rubberbandits immortalised in Trainspotting :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Excellent sequel by the way , it could have been a disaster as sequels often are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Did you see them in Trainspotting yet, imagine that Rubberbandits immortalised in Trainspotting :confused:

No, think I might give Trainspotting 2 a miss now. I've no time for these Quinnsworth bag wearing simpletons. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Al Porter, paid 55 euro to see im, turned up late, came on stage at 11.45pm and walked off 25 mins later.:mad:
    You should have gone to see him in a panto.

You know where he may have been, like Panto, he was behind you:D

He's now available on lunchtime free everyday on todayfm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Another reason not to listen to Today FM.

They seem to just want to fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I think Today FM have gone off on a tangent picking up anyone that sat on a comedy talk show panel or did a bit of stand up, thinking if they give them a microphone and a time slot that they will bring in the listeners.

The best thing about comedy is only having a little of it, keeps you interested in my opinion, in saying that all the above mentioned through this thread make me turn off.

I genuinely do like some of the presenters on Today fm-MAtt Cooper, for one. Muireann O' Connell too (I really like her on tv also, she just comes across as genuine. And she's really nice to the faceless folk on twitter).

Some others, whose names escape me, I like too.

But the rest...no. I just don't wanna listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Oh no he isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The most unfunny of all Irish comedians is ........................ Ryan Tubridy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Old Tommy Tiernan has a show on Netflix.

Its so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

el diablo wrote: »
    No, think I might give Trainspotting 2 a miss now. I've no time for these Quinnsworth bag wearing simpletons. ;)
    Ah come on, now!! Even without playing that YouTube video above, it's obvious that it's a Centra bag on yer man's head!

Tara Flynn. Even at my most bed-ridden and hungover, I'd get up to change the station. Utterly objectionable.

Sometimes I can see where she's going with a joke, and often there's potential, but she has never evoked anything more than a facepalm from me, personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

mikeym wrote: »
    Old Tommy Tiernan has a show on Netflix.

Its so bad.

Netflix is quickly becoming rammed full of sh1te.

Tara Flynn. Even at my most bed-ridden and hungover, I'd get up to change the station. Utterly objectionable.

Sometimes I can see where she's going with a joke, and often there's potential, but she has never evoked anything more than a facepalm from me, personally.

IT's so frustrating watching her too-it's like seeing the joke right there...just grab it...

And she misses it completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6og11sWiVo

I could see this being hilarious if she spent a good chunk of time working on it. But it's not-even drafted in poor Ed Byrne too.

On the other hand, Dana Carvey makes it look far more effortless-and you know it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

You paid €55 to see Al Porter? Now that's funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

IT's so frustrating watching her too-it's like seeing the joke right there...just grab it...

And she misses it completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6og11sWiVo

64954499.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tara Flynn is a comedian? I just thought she was an official verified Repeal the 8th and Graham Linehan retweet account on twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anybody who goes see AL Porter deserves a crsp night

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    64954499.jpg

And that's one of the lesser crap one's she does.

She's only funny when she's reading someone else's lines of of a script. Otherwise, she's irritating.
    Even her voice over's now just bother the hell out of me. Makes me not want to by the product she's advertising.

Advertisement