Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Is it a colouring book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Cian Twomey appeared on D'arcy and has a book .....how does he still have a career in doing the same shtick over and over.....Please tell me he's not trying to look for a career in RTE....A show for him would actually be worse than the new Alisson Spittle dross theyre promoting

Because RTE are notoriously behind the times. Ray's 'special guest' a few weeks back was a lad who was on 'First Dates Ireland' and happens to have cerebal palsy, and is also openly gay.
    So he was discussing gay and being disabled-except it's now months after that 'first dates' episode.

Plus on a Saturday night, everyone is watching the Graham Norton repeats.

The Spittle show looks worse than I imagined. And I saw Tara Flynn in the adverts...and I just felt my heart give up-she's in everything bad. (Bar that Stewart Lee show a while back-but Stewart is talented)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Because RTE are notoriously behind the times. Ray's 'special guest' a few weeks back was a lad who was on 'First Dates Ireland' and happens to have cerebal palsy, and is also openly gay.
    So he was discussing gay and being disabled-except it's now months after that 'first dates' episode.

Plus on a Saturday night, everyone is watching the Graham Norton repeats.

The Spittle show looks worse than I imagined. And I saw Tara Flynn in the adverts...and I just felt my heart give up-she's in everything bad. (Bar that Stewart Lee show a while back-but Stewart is talented)

Tara Flynns about as funny as Operation Yewtree.

Tara Flynns about as funny as Operation Yewtree.

Operation Yewtree did create some funny jokes by talented comedians...Tara Flynn didn't.

So I would argue she's less funny than O.Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Another one for Alison Spittle.
    Does she think saying ‘sound’ and ‘shift’ is hilarious?

• Advertisement

Another one for Alison Spittle.
    Does she think saying ‘sound’ and ‘shift’ is hilarious?

That's everywhere now The amount of 'oh look, caught you going in for the shift'...on twitter is just stale at this point. But that's from ordinary people.

The 'comediennes' doing it is actually tragic.

RTE is so embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Calling Cian Twomey a comedian is a stretch in itself. Very one dimensional, never is going to translate in to much outside of Ireland/Facebook.

He's an insecure attention seeker, how's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

He's an insecure attention seeker, how's that?

Certainly closer to the mark :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Patrick Kielty............his dark humour on the troubles was edgy but that wore thin quickly....and everything else he does is too forced i.e. he's trying to be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Cian Twomey appeared on D'arcy and has a book .....how does he still have a career in doing the same shtick over and over.....Please tell me he's not trying to look for a career in RTE....A show for him would actually be worse than the new Alisson Spittle dross theyre promoting

Its comedy for extremley dumb lowest common demoninator people. Cian is desperate that womans voice he does is shockingly shyte.

Im convinced Alison Spittle has paedo dirt on top brass in RTE, only explanation as to why she has got her own show. A total void when it comes to talent.

Being an obese culchie moron talking like a 16 year old (flaggons,shifting etc) doesnt make you funny no matter how old fashioned and jam jarred those "stylish granny" glasses are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

That's everywhere now The amount of 'oh look, caught you going in for the shift'...on twitter is just stale at this point. But that's from ordinary people.

The 'comediennes' doing it is actually tragic.

Or when you agree with something you reply with, 'This'. Or when you like something you say ' I'm loving it '. Where does this ****e come from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,744 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I was blissfully ignorant about cian twomey until last night when I saw him on the ray darcy show and curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to see what the hype was about.

I looked up some of his most viewed videos on YouTube. Awful, awful stuff. Amateurish doesn't cover it. Lazy, uninspired, derivative.

He seems to improvise his "performances" - they remind me of a 12 or 13 year old messing after a can of red bull.

Not in the least funny-I was bemused and the longer I watched the more irritating it was!

Just as an aside I looked at the comments to see what ppl were saying.

From what I could see the vast majority of the comments were from Americans saying stuff like "oh the Irish accent is so funny".

Very few positive Irish comments. Maybe he appeals to Americans for some reason, I dunno...each to their own I guess

fryup wrote: »
    Patrick Kielty............his dark humour on the troubles was edgy but that wore thin quickly....and everything else he does is too forced i.e. he's trying to be funny
    Still, he landed on his feet with Cat Deeley. Have to hand it to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Aishling Bea was doing the rounds yesterday on Twitter etc, such a painfully unfunny woman, like a modern day Deirdre O Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Its comedy for extremley dumb lowest common demoninator people. Cian is desperate that womans voice he does is shockingly shyte.

Im convinced Alison Spittle has paedo dirt on top brass in RTE, only explanation as to why she has got her own show. A total void when it comes to talent.

Being an obese culchie moron talking like a 16 year old (flaggons,shifting etc) doesnt make you funny no matter how old fashioned and jam jarred those "stylish granny" glasses are.

I lolled. A withering condemnation right there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Camille Crooked Scab

I’m surprised how cian didn’t get more criticism fir his treatment of his ex,the ‘original’ Emily after using his fb to criticize her and from knowing a few who know him his bullying campaign he got involved in was hypocritical from that and he was bit of one when he was in school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭pgj2015

when you have shows like mrs browns boys, damo and ivor and bridget and eamon on tv and being watched by people with a very low IQ, its no wonder alison spittle thought she should have a go and produce another car crash of a tv show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A bit unnecessarily personal there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A bit unnecessarily personal there
    My favourite part was the allusion to "paedo dirt"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

The "flagons and shifting" reference is well observed. It's something I've noticed lately in the Irish media. Grown adults speaking like juveniles as if it gives them some credibility. Sound, like.

The "flagons and shifting" reference is well observed. It's something I've noticed lately in the Irish media. Grown adults speaking like juveniles as if it gives them some credibility. Sound, like.

Its just dumbed down muck for simple minds. Lewd dumbed down crap. Hence the likes of Cian and Alison being "comedians". Shift, naggin, flaggon,coppers,your man your one, peppered with f words ad finitum. Pure garbage.

I admire Brendan O Connor for making such a success of his life and his charitable nature but look at Mrs Browns Boys. Every second word is a curse.
    Why?. F this f that f him f her who the f is that at the fing door who tell her to f off will ya for f's sake i
    i need a f ing rest.

All vulgar lewd crap. They assume everyones dumb that no one gets subtle humour or wit so they dump this crap on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Spot on. It's laziness and filler to hide the lack of writing talent.

I was blissfully ignorant about cian twomey until last night when I saw him on the ray darcy show and curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to see what the hype was about.

I looked up some of his most viewed videos on YouTube. Awful, awful stuff. Amateurish doesn't cover it. Lazy, uninspired, derivative.

He seems to improvise his "performances" - they remind me of a 12 or 13 year old messing after a can of red bull.

Not in the least funny-I was bemused and the longer I watched the more irritating it was!

Just as an aside I looked at the comments to see what ppl were saying.

From what I could see the vast majority of the comments were from Americans saying stuff like "oh the Irish accent is so funny".

Very few positive Irish comments. Maybe he appeals to Americans for some reason, I dunno...each to their own I guess

There's loads of Twomey copycat "comedy" around. And when you copy sh1t you get more sh1t.

There's loads of Twomey copycat "comedy" around. And when you copy sh1t you get more sh1t.

So why copy it?. Be original like Dom Joly or Chris Morris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

So why copy it?. Be original like Dom Joly or Chris Morris.

Because most people aren't as smart as Chris Morris. And good luck getting funding in Ireland for anything like Chris Morris used to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I didn't hear of Alison Spittle until this thread but I wonder if there's even one person out there who enjoys her show? It beggers belief what RTE produce sometimes, I mean surely there are at least some normal educated people in there ffs.

I didn't hear of Alison Spittle until this thread but I wonder if there's even one person out there who enjoys her show? It beggers belief what RTE produce sometimes, I mean surely there are at least some normal educated people in there ffs.

Shows the contempt RTE have for the general public that this drivel is seen as "cutting edge" and funny. They see the public as imbeciles to launch this muck and think people will find it funny.

• Advertisement

Most people are imbeciles, haven't you noticed?

Advertisement