Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Saw a clip for that new Spittle programme starting tonight. It was 3 girls in a car, with one giving out to the other about wiping her arse with her mothers good towels, and trying to flush them.

Just seen that ad. Lord!
    How the fcuk has she got her own show?!

Also jason byrne is muck. Hector too.

My favs would be dylan moran and dave mcsavage, savage eye was brill imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Im convinced Alison Spittle has paedo dirt on top brass in RTE, only explanation as to why she has got her own show.

maybe she was the one being abused ? shudder the thought :o

"give me a TV show or i'm tellin"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Darragh o Brian is the only genuinely funny Irish comedian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Lon raving about it on Twitter which is a bad sign. Anyone watch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

darkdubh wrote: »

I'm watching it on RTE Player as we speak. I'll check back in around midnight if I manage to watch it all... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Nowhere Fast? I watched it and thought it was very funny, surprisingly dark, well-written and with an excellent cast.

Always good to be kept up to date about what Louise O'Neill happens to be thinking though. Thank God for After Hours.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I loved the blizzard of Odd with Colin Murphy and Don't Feed the Gondolas, along with Scare at bedtime, RTE's comedy has been dire ever since
    You'll have to watch The Blame Game on BBC1 NI.

The guest comedians are hit/miss though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Quota must be very low. Shes very fat (obese) and a woman. That gets you a show these days?.
    Hardly diverse that!.
    Angron wrote: »
    Katherine Lynch is excruciatingly unfunny to listen to in general. It baffled me that she kept getting shows on RTE.
    One of life's unsolved mysteries.

RayM wrote: »
    Nowhere Fast? I watched it and thought it was very funny, surprisingly dark, well-written and with an excellent cast.

not in my opinion, think its horrible mean spirited dross, not remotely funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Camille Crooked Scab

Of course She'd love it as its a woman starring/writing of course, and all the media/D4 luvvies will lap it up like anything Amy Huberman/Cant cope wont cope wan does is awesome....as it seems to be a miracle according to the lefty media that a woman can write.....also its possible a woman can write a poor show, doesn't have to be given the charity like

https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/930202977138282496

of course these twits would like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Of course She'd love it as its a woman starring/writing of course, and all the media/D4 luvvies will lap it up like anything Amy Huberman/Cant cope wont cope wan does is awesome....as it seems to be a miracle according to the lefty media that a woman can write.....also its possible a woman can write a poor show, doesn't have to be given the charity like

https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/930202977138282496

of course these twits would like it

Wonder will Louise O Neill like their use of the word 'c*nt' in that Tweet, seen as she's over Blindboy on Twitter cos he's a feminist and all that.

Jaysis... so, we've gone from obsessing over what Louise O'Neill thinks about things to wondering what Louise O'Neill would think about other things.

I'd say Louise O'Neill doesn't think about Louise O'Neill half as much as some of the weirdos on this online hellhole do. And Louise O'Neill not only is Louise O'Neill, but also effectively gets paid to write about being Louise O'Neill.

Raymond, it's relevant because she was championing him this weekend for being so 'woke' about feminism and said she wanted to marry him. Was making a point relating to that, so you can chill out. I can imagine if someone of a different leaning used the C word, she'd be all over it saying it's a degrading term for women everywhere. For someone calling this place a weirdo infested online hellhole, you sure spend enough time on it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Raymond, it's relevant because she was championing him this weekend for being so 'woke' about feminism and said she wanted to marry him. Was making a point relating to that, so you can chill out. I can imagine if someone of a different leaning used the C word, she'd be all over it saying it's a degrading term for women everywhere. For someone calling this place a weirdo infested online hellhole, you sure spend enough time on it.

You should write to her (via the Examiner) or tweet her and ask her what she thinks of it. And make sure you keep us all updated.

You should write to her (via the Examiner) or tweet her and ask her what she thinks of it. And make sure you keep us all updated.

I might. Have you got any consent forms handy, feel like I might need one.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I might. Have you got any consent forms handy, feel like I might need one.

No, but if you have some tinfoil in the kitchen, maybe you could use it to fashion yourself a nice hat.

No, but if you have some tinfoil in the kitchen, maybe you could use it to fashion yourself a nice hat.

The kitchen?! Sure that's where women go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I watched it earlier. Not my cup of tea. Content-wise, this summary nails it for me.
    Same old Irish nonsense. Anywhere outside Dublin is backwards, overly religious and full of “characters”.

Redeeming factor - the cast are decent. Nice to see something Irish produced that Hilary Rose doesn't feature in... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

All of them. - drastically unfunny.
    At a push Brendan Grace was funny when I used to see him on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Pretty much woeful. Spittle fancies herself as a Lena Dunham type.

There was some serious bad acting (mainly Spittle, and her 'friends' are no better) which made it obvious these were caricatures rather than characters. Predictable jokes, as well as some jokes seriously in bad taste-like really bad taste.
    (One about 'I'll tell your granny about your trip to England, full body massage....and a womb scraping'-yes, it's an abortion joke. From a 'repealer'. And the jokes so funny, it gets repeated...no it's not funny, that's sarcasm).

The 'homeopathy joke' was also brutal, but she laughed at her own joke-lame.

And there was serious continuity errors in the editing-the best example being when Spittle was eating Scampi crisps. The bag went from closed, to open, to Spittle holding a crisp, to the bag being in shot, out of shot, hand not holding a crisp where it was etc Like, editing is a basic skill anyone can learn. It made it seriously amateurish.

Honestly, it was dreadful-like someone decided to make Pure Mule but then realised Pure Mule existed already. Then they tried to make 'Girls' realised that existed also-and just combined two bad ideas into one. Originality went out the door.

Some real condescending crud as well. 'Being 40 and stuck in the same place'...uh, what? You mean like someone who is 40 years old, working, and isn't 'living it up in liberal Dublin' is a failure?...Wow, this was painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Brendan O'Carroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

She is the ultimate cringe. Seems that her life is meaningless unless she records it and uploads it to youtube.

Her crying when Trump got elected was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Did she delete that crying video. ''Twas hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Pretty much woeful. Spittle fancies herself as a Lena Dunham type.

There was some serious bad acting (mainly Spittle, and her 'friends' are no better) which made it obvious these were caricatures rather than characters. Predictable jokes, as well as some jokes seriously in bad taste-like really bad taste.
    (One about 'I'll tell your granny about your trip to England, full body massage....and a womb scraping'-yes, it's an abortion joke. From a 'repealer'. And the jokes so funny, it gets repeated...no it's not funny, that's sarcasm).

The 'homeopathy joke' was also brutal, but she laughed at her own joke-lame.

And there was serious continuity errors in the editing-the best example being when Spittle was eating Scampi crisps. The bag went from closed, to open, to Spittle holding a crisp, to the bag being in shot, out of shot, hand not holding a crisp where it was etc Like, editing is a basic skill anyone can learn. It made it seriously amateurish.

Honestly, it was dreadful-like someone decided to make Pure Mule but then realised Pure Mule existed already. Then they tried to make 'Girls' realised that existed also-and just combined two bad ideas into one. Originality went out the door.

Some real condescending crud as well. 'Being 40 and stuck in the same place'...uh, what? You mean like someone who is 40 years old, working, and isn't 'living it up in liberal Dublin' is a failure?...Wow, this was painful.

Best description I read of Girls was "Sex and the City for unattractive people".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'm sure Al Porter has been mentioned but can we make a pact to mention his stunning lack of talent, charm and anything approaching humour at least once a day ??

Mentioned I thought he was unfunny the other day in polite company, someone asked "was it because he's gay? "
    FFS, no, he's just not funny.

Blind date was the worst 6mins of TV Ive ever seen, his show on today FM is excruciating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I'm sure Al Porter has been mentioned but can we make a pact to mention his stunning lack of talent, charm and anything approaching humour at least once a day ??

Mentioned I thought he was unfunny the other day in polite company, someone asked "was it because he's gay? "
    FFS, no, he's just not funny.

Blind date was the worst 6mins of TV Ive ever seen, his show on today FM is excruciating.

He said once that Ireland is split between warm hearted people who like him and raging homophobes.

And the millions of us who think he's an infected genital wart on the penis of entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm surprised Blind Date isn't on RTE it's so bad.

He said once that Ireland is split between warm hearted people who like him and raging homophobes.

And the millions of us who think he's an infected genital wart on the penis of entertainment.

He's the only DJ I change channels when I hear him on.
    I can tolerate most of them.

I'm surprised Blind Date isn't on RTE it's so bad.

Its even too bad for them. Probably be a valid defence to not owning a TV licence if it was funded through public money.
    It's actually surprising how bad it is. And that's saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Its even too bad for them. Probably be a valid defence to not owning a TV licence if it was funded through public money.
    It's actually surprising how bad it is. And that's saying something.

It is, it really is! It's baffling that anyone who works on it could possibly sign off on it and put it on the air.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i haven't seen it.........in what way? the contestants? or just Porter himself?

Advertisement