Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's a much tougher environment to operate in these days.

People have gone very prude and sensitive. The concept of satire seems to get lost at times as certain folks can't distinguish between jokes and real sentiment.

Now whether that's willful ignorance or not is a whole other question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Camille Crooked Scab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Yeah not looking good for him. His career is probably done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That article is the worst thing I've ever seen. It says nothing whatsoever in it. An allegation of what nature? Who made it? No information at all. They could've at least said an AL-legation.

Omackeral wrote: »
    That article is the worst thing I've ever seen. It says nothing whatsoever in it. An allegation of what nature? Who made it? No information at all. They could've at least said an AL-legation.

have a look on twitter with the allegations.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Someone in authority has alleged he's unfunny

No action will be taken until it's confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

have a look on twitter with the allegations.....

Oh. That don't look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Omackeral wrote: »

The Journal is a useless article, desperate altogether

I don't find Fred Cook(e) particularly funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,591 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

imme wrote: »
    I don't find Fred Cook(e) particularly funny

No me neither.

I occasionally see him shopping around the place and I have to say he always looks completely miserable. There's some sort of weird disparity there with his otherwise zany persona, that suggests a deep enveloping darkness in him that can not be filled.

But, I'm no psychologist.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    No me neither.

I occasionally see him shopping around the place and I have to say he always looks completely miserable. There's some sort of weird disparity there with his otherwise zany persona, that suggests a deep enveloping darkness in him that can not be filled.

Is it in Spar by any chance?

Its the story of the sad clown and all that aul mullarky, surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Arghus wrote: »
    No me neither.

That's comedians in a nutshell,like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Catastrophe is a very Irish show and is excellent. Deals with issues like most people encounter them and not in a preachy socially "awoke" way.

I fucking love that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I'm going to break the rules here and mention a British comedian. Her name is Kate Smurthwaite. She is a comedian/political activist . Youtube her live performances. They are actually physically difficult to watch. Deluded is too light a term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Alison Spittle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Alison Spittle.

She lights this thread up like a Christmas Tree. Her alleged jokes fall flat Every.Single.Fcukin.Time.

She is the 2017 Reason of the Year for not paying your TV License.

I'm going to break the rules here and mention a British comedian. Her name is Kate Smurthwaite. She is a comedian/political activist . Youtube her live performances. They are actually physically difficult to watch. Deluded is too light a term.

Feminist and comedian don't go hand in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Grainne Maguire. up and coming on the circuit in England, but dreadful. I don't know what it is about the english finding painfully unfunny irish comedians to be hilarious. her accent grates, she seems to be over enunciating every letter when she speaks but that's on top of her crap humour, like a schoolkid doing the intro to a play for the parents
    she was on last weeks 'The Now Show' podcast, and this weeks 'Remainiacs' podcast if anyone wants a shyte start to the weekend.

Yeah-she does the 'I'm a brave feminist who can handle the harshness of life and anything the patriarchy throws at me'...then all of her youtube videos with her stand-up have comments and likes disabled. The rest have comments disabled...yeah, Um, that shows weakness, not strength.
    She often turns up on political shows-but how she claims to be a 'comedian' when her videos have some dreadful views is beyond me. Hell, some videos of editing and so on on my channel have better views. Not even joking.

That 'sex pest comedian' according to the twitter and The Times article deserves a serious thump. I'm not naming him cos I know some Boards mods are a bit 'ban' on any reveals atm.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    She lights this thread up like a Christmas Tree. Her alleged jokes fall flat Every.Single.Fcukin.Time.

She is the 2017 Reason of the Year for not paying your TV License.

I thought that was Vogue? Actually, there are many who justify the 'I'm not paying my license'.

Too many tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Alison Spittle.

Is she the one with the lisp? Spittle indeed

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Is she the one with the lisp? Spittle indeed

XD Oh dear God...that's funnier than anything she's ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Grainne Maguire. up and coming on the circuit in England, but dreadful.

never heard of her before.
    Her "epic response" to "are women funny?" is hard to watch

Dear god

Dear god

very thin skinned if she blocks comments on her vidoes

Dear god

Oh jesus--she even goes with the 'women ghostbusters' thing like every cliche feminist does.
    Just absolutely nothing original going on in her act.
    (They can't get over that one film they tried to claim was getting hatred for being feminist was really just a bad film with the most hated film trailer ever).

Btw, she's been 'up and coming' for nearly ten years now-since 2008. Might want to make more of an effort or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

very thin skinned if she blocks comments on her vidoes

With that much talent, I think she choose wisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Dear god

I found the punchline funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Assuming there's more than 4 people in the room that punchline at 0:26 really fell flat on its face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Alison Spittle.

She was on the Late Late Show tonight.Cringeworthy,dire,awful,puke,embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

She was on the Late Late Show tonight.Cringeworthy,dire,awful,puke,embarrassing.

Exactly ,this is the thread I thought of while watching it.

She's a couple of years left before she can call herself a comedian,though if she said she was a comedian out loud it prob be her funniest gag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Noveight wrote: »
    Assuming there's more than 4 people in the room that punchline at 0:26 really fell flat on its face.

I'm after gritting my teeth and watching it again. Was that the punchline?

Advertisement