Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

You Tube Tommy Tiernan and tell me he;s not funny guys come on. He's philisophical much like Dylan Moran but through the years is comedy perhaps has become more twisted and sometimes  dare i say bitter. But there are truths there in his ravings that other comedians are afariad to tackle or dont now how to or just arnt even aware of. Tommy and Dylan overall are a credit to comedy but it's subjective ... My comic hero is and will always be Bill Hicks and some will say that he isn't funny at all. It Depends on what you want.
    Dara im afraid i agree with here in general ....he's a grafter like Jason Byrne and lets just leave it at that!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Karl Spain - 100%

Aisling Bea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

His 'statement' is the most appalling one I've read issued by an Irish 'personality' ever. 'Decades in the entertainment industry'-you're 24. 'Part of his act'-yeah, I'm sure everyone goes to a night out to be entertained, then get groped and forcibly fondled under their underwear...when they are nowhere near the stage, but actually in a toilet and in a bar. But sure, it's all part of the 'craic'.
    And that's not counting the psychiatric patient he's alleged to have fondled...but sure, 'all part of his act'...yeah, and people wonder why we hate this guy-before this crap. (Comedians hate him because he steals jokes too).

I hated him for his gormless expression whenever he had a chance to get his picture taken. It's the creepiest smile in history.

He's also just a walking sack of embarassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

His 'statement' is the most appalling one I've read issued by an Irish 'personality' ever. 'Decades in the entertainment industry'-you're 24. 'Part of his act'-yeah, I'm sure everyone goes to a night out to be entertained, then get groped and forcibly fondled under their underwear...when they are nowhere near the stage, but actually in a toilet and in a bar. But sure, it's all part of the 'craic'.
    And that's not counting the psychiatric patient he's alleged to have fondled...but sure, 'all part of his act'...yeah, and people wonder why we hate this guy-before this crap. (Comedians hate him because he steals jokes too).

I think the oddest part of the statement was the 'decades in the entertainment industry'.

I watched the first few minutes of Alison Spittle on the LLS. It was all it deserved. Same old done to death observations of Irish life badly told.
    Her choosing a career in comedy is like some with vertigo choosing to be a crane operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

gramar wrote: »
    I watched the first few minutes of Alison Spittle on the LLS. It was all it deserved. Same old done to death observations of Irish life badly told.

Her choosing a career in comedy is like some with vertigo choosing to be a crane operator.

Is she that complete mess that does Nowhere something ???

Jaysus I watched a 30 second trailer and wanted to emigrate.

• Advertisement

Is she that complete mess that does Nowhere something ???

Jaysus I watched a 30 second trailer and wanted to emigrate.

I've no idea just that she mentioned she has a tv series. How she was given it will always remain one of life's great mysteries based on the 5 minutes I saw the other night.

I've no idea just that she mentioned she has a tv series. How she was given it will always remain one of life's great mysteries based on the 5 minutes I saw the other night.

You managed 5 minutes ?

I bow to you sir - made of sterner stuff than I!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mc Love wrote: »
    Karl Spain - 100%

Aisling Bea

Was a breath of fresh air on panel shows originally but they're done to death now, they're essentially scripted too so it's easier to be funny on them.

Clearly a fan of herself too with her "I'm incredibly funny" quote recently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I think the oddest part of the statement was the 'decades in the entertainment industry'.

Is it all culchie stuff like Mammy, shifting, coppers etc? What's her schtick?

Is it all culchie stuff like Mammy, shifting, coppers etc? What's her schtick?

That's the impression I got.

Her dad was teaching her how to drive once in a carpark near a lake.
    She nearly drove into the lake. 'you're never driving again' said daddy.
    End of story. She's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Hoboo

This thread would have been less than a page if it read "Funny Irish Comedians".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I saw John Colleary live once in the stags head and my face hurt from laughing.
    Truly brilliant, one of the best I've ever seen.

I first saw him, probably 10 years ago, and thought he was one of the better ones doing the rounds. In that time Ive seen him probably another 5 times as a support or unannounced act,and his act hasnt changed one bit. The last couple he claimed he was trying new material, yet it was almost identical.

Like Des Bishop with his immersion joke,Colleary trots out the "Im half thinking" line time after time, and it wasnt all that funny to begin with.

He's either extremely lazy, or his talent stopped at a single 30-40 minute show and he cant squeeze another drop out of it.

Hoboo wrote: »
    This thread would have been less than a page if it read "Funny Irish Comedians".

Dave Allen

/thread

Dave Allen

/thread

He was a God

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

He was a God

He spent enough time talking about him anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

This one is Nordy so i'm not sure if she qualifies as irish..she does,however qualify as unfunny.

Who told them they were funny? That is just sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

He's said he is on a feminist mission to do all the bad things to men that they have been doing to women. This was the main quote from him in a recent newspaper piece.

Disgusting quote. Real licentious degenerate this lad. Trying to deflect the accusations from himself.:mad:

Don't know what's going on what the accusations but the quotes he's came out with are bizarre to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

The whatsapp messages that have been leaked are outrageous. His career is 100% done. 

Leather Jacket Guy is another one that is maddeningly unfunny. I genuinely want to harm him.

I had blocked out all memories of leather jacket guy. He is just a gimp, an annoying gimp.

• Advertisement

For God knows what reason that Wesley Quirke bloke who did that Damo character came into my head this morning... I never found it funny at all.
    Plus, what did he base the character on? Has he ever even spoke to someone outside of South County Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I had blocked out all memories of leather jacket guy. He is just a gimp, an annoying gimp.

Who's leather jacket guy?

Who's leather jacket guy?

He's about as funny as the time I got cancer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

This Nobhead..again,a Nordy..he ruined Don't Feed the Gondolas all by himself

434185.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

MysticMonk wrote: »
    This one is Nordy so i'm not sure if she qualifies as irish..she does,however qualify as unfunny.

Honorable mentions for the writers and entire cast of Give My Head Peace.

Edit: Just looked her up and she was involved in that, should have known.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

MysticMonk wrote: »
    This Nobhead..again,a Nordy..he ruined Don't Feed the Gondolas all by himself

434185.jpg

I like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

If we're going for an all Ireland award then Give my Head Peace surely wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

If we're going for an all Ireland award then Give my Head Peace surely wins.

I dunno-Extra Extra, the Cassidy's, Upwardly Mobile, The Podge and Rodge Show, The Podge and Rodge show when it became a quiz, The Walshes, Fergus Wedding, You Cannot be Serious, Stew...there are quite a lot of challengers to the 'All Ireland Award'.
    For God knows what reason that Wesley Quirke bloke who did that Damo character came into my head this morning... I never found it funny at all.
    Plus, what did he base the character on? Has he ever even spoke to someone outside of South County Dublin?

I think it was for his 21st that everyone had to go the party dressed as 'poor people' and the only beer served was Dutch Gold-even his sister in law Rosanna went. He's essentially mocking the people who fund his and his family's lifestyle. A complete waste of oxygen. Cannot take criticism either (blocks on youtube for anything).
    And there's a film coming down the pipeline-wonder if his dad paid for that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I dunno-Extra Extra, the Cassidy's, Upwardly Mobile, The Podge and Rodge Show, The Podge and Rodge show when it became a quiz, The Walshes, Fergus Wedding, You Cannot be Serious, Stew...there are quite a lot of challengers to the 'All Ireland Award'.

I think it was for his 21st that everyone had to go the party dressed as 'poor people' and the only beer served was Dutch Gold-even his sister in law Rosanna went. He's essentially mocking the people who fund his and his family's lifestyle. A complete waste of oxygen. Cannot take criticism either (blocks on youtube for anything).
    And there's a film coming down the pipeline-wonder if his dad paid for that too?

Add The Last Furlong to that list. That was painful stuff.

Simon Delaney is another that I have never found remotely funny although Bachelors Walk was decent.

• Advertisement

I liked Bachelors walk quite a lot, it can't be found anywhere online though or can it? Simon was just an actor he could only do what he could with whatever scripts he had. Not a comedian.

Ross O'Carroll Kelly or whatever he's called is painful. Anyone you find reading that subhuman gash should be unfriended immediately.

Advertisement