Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

The fat country girl with the glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Camille Crooked Scab

dense wrote: »
    The fat country girl with the glasses.

Spittle....why do RTE give these unfunny "comedians" airtime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Doireann Garrihy, is she meant to be funny

Who?

darkdubh wrote: »
    Who?

does impressions of bloggers, she was on LLS tonight....supposedly she has relatives in Montrose, so itll be another one they'll force down us with shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

It would be a lot quicker to name funny Irish comedians than unfunny ones.

• Advertisement

does impressions of bloggers, she was on LLS tonight....supposedly she has relatives in Montrose, so itll be another one they'll force down us with shows

Impressions of bloggers? That sounds pretty much like one of the most pointless activities I've ever heard of. Surely the whole point in doing impressions is that they're of people you might stand of chance of having heard of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Doireann Garrihy, is she meant to be funny
    Who?
    Impressions of bloggers? That sounds pretty much like one of the most pointless activities I've ever heard of. Surely the whole point in doing impressions is that they're of people you might stand of chance of having heard of?

Just go back 1 page in this thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Al Foran style.

Just go back 1 page in this thread....

Looked at a few of her videos on YT, seems like she does the same voice for impressions, not really an impressionist she claims,,, female version of Cian Twomey it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Was Doireann Garrihy a 'comedian' before her sister Aoibhin became 'famous' as one of the Dillon sisters in Fair City?!

• Advertisement

The further this thread goes on it seems the more obscure the "comedians" mentioned become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Was Doireann Garrihy a 'comedian' before her sister Aoibhin became 'famous' as one of the Dillon sisters in Fair City?!

The three of them are famous for being famous. The best claim to fame they have between the lot is a role in Fair City and a marriage to a West Clare hotelier.

Noveight wrote: »
    The three of them are famous for being famous. The best claim to fame they have between the lot is a role in Fair City and a marriage to a West Clare hotelier.

Oh there's a third one?

Oh there's a third one?
    Googled it there a "pr guru" basically they're claiming to be "influencers" in the same article I saw....jesus, is anyone with a Instagram/snapchat some celeb/influencer now

Googled it there a "pr guru" basically they're claiming to be "influencers" in the same article I saw....jesus, is anyone with a Instagram/snapchat some celeb/influencer now

/https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/1498203/stunning-garrihy-sisters-aoibhin-ailbhe-and-doireann-reveal-seeing-their-parents-lose-their-business-during-the-recession-felt-like-death-in-the-family-but-inspired-them-to-follow-their-dreams/

'Social influencer' LOL! Where being pushy will take you today:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Giftgrub/Uncle Iano is her uncle,
    Oh there's a third one?

Afaik She's a PR, or just another word for Social Influencer ;)

Is that thread still about regarding the social influencers being caught out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan.
    Mostly because he obviously had talent when he first came out but then decided to waste it by tailoring his act for pissed up morons, - real lowest common denominator stuff.

:pac: toms a ledge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Spittle....why do RTE give these unfunny "comedians" airtime

I have 2 friends who are a couple who went to see her perform the other night, they posted a selfie of themselves at her show.

All I could think was "Are you guys that bored that you'd actually pay money and go outside the door to see that one?"

I don't find her funny at all. Not because she's a woman either. Delores O Kane and Eleanor Tiernan are pretty funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Does Jason Byrne merit another mention, if already posted?
    Definitely has no talent :rolleyes:

Oh and Deirdre O' Pain, i mean Kane ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Does Jason Byrne merit another mention, if already posted?
    Definitely has no talent :rolleyes:
    He's way out in front in the unfunny irish stakes.
    This is the blurb from his new show

‘THE MAN WITH THREE BRAINS’ IS A BRAND NEW SHOW FROM THE HIGHLY ACCLAIMED AND EXTREMELY FUNNY, JASON BYRNE.
    Jason has three brains which kick into action when he hits the stage. His left brain scans the audience and room, looking for improv moments. His right brain collates stand-up material and stunts, poised to dish out the funnies at speed. His centre brain is Jason’s coach, pushing him to the limit.
    The fastest thinking comic around will not only trip himself up, but probably you too.

:rolleyes: Three brains hah? one would be a start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Beethoven9th

If i see Ed Byrne on the telly I switch over immediately. I think he only gets gigs on British tv cause he is Dara O'Brians mate !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

If i see Ed Byrne on the telly I switch over immediately. I think he only gets gigs on British tv cause he is Dara O'Brians mate !

Speaking of British TV, Brendan O Carroll and his brand of forced "comedy" comes to my mind.

-FFS would ye just all laugh, and, on cue please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jason Byrne is no better than the Youtubers with the "Things only Irish Mammies would say"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Noveight wrote: »

I have never heard of any of these people, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I have to say Ryan Tubridy is incredibly unfunny when he tries to be a comedian (and he gets himself into trouble too as recent attempt has shown) but is actually very funny in a so bad its good sort of way when he tries to be cool and with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just recalled tubs last interview with Steve Coogan and his squirming around talking about Alan partridge knowing that he's had quite a few partridge moments himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

boombang wrote: »
    I have never heard of any of these people, ever.

You're missing nothing. Three absolute chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I have to say Ryan Tubridy is incredibly unfunny when he tries to be a comedian (and he gets himself into trouble too as recent attempt has shown) but is actually very funny in a so bad its good sort of way when he tries to be cool and with it.

What did he do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

He did a sitcom some years back with Davina McCall. Short-lived naturally.

Advertisement