Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

He did a sitcom some years back with Davina McCall. Short-lived naturally.

He didn't learn his lesson from the Cassidys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

PJ Gallagher. Don’t get this guy at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

He didn't learn his lesson from the Cassidys.

We didnt learn our lesson from The Cassidys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

:pac: toms a ledge
    I like Tommy in small doses but I don't understand why he shouts so much on stage. It's like he never learned that a microphone amplifies the voice for the whole room to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

We didnt learn our lesson from The Cassidys!

We did-he never got a gig like that again, at least not on RTE. (the Panel doesn't count-it wasn't a scripted sitcom for one, it was more a satire of the week's events-where RTE dumped people who were on contract yet not talented enough to hold down their own show).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭optogirl

seachto7 wrote: »

have to say I think he's doing a great job in The Young Offenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The Panel was so embarrassing. Like 5 year olds playing a game of BBC comedians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I thought it was actually pretty good when Dara O'Briain was the host (I guess that's why he got big in the UK in similar roles), but fell apart pretty quickly after he left.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I thought it was actually pretty good when Dara O'Briain was the host (I guess that's why he got big in the UK in similar roles), but fell apart pretty quickly after he left.

That's what I thought too. They just couldn't settle on a permanent host afterwards, they even had that gimp Craig Doyle doing it towards the end.

That's what I thought too. They just couldn't settle on a permanent host afterwards, they even had that gimp Craig Doyle doing it towards the end.

It fell apart long before Dara left. I think the second series, as Dara's biases towards his friends showed.
    And it became shouty talk over each other crud.

• Advertisement

Allison Spittle has been virtue signalling poor John Connors on twitter, being the SJW, white knight. Only problem is he's not very smart and now he's suing her.

It's comedy gold.

https://twitter.com/johnconnors1990/status/969745760811134976

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Brilliant. This has been a landmark night for Irish twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

He's suing everyone ...
    "you get a lawsuit...and you get a lawsuit... everyone gets a lawsuit"!!

He's suing everyone ...

No, everyone's getting a law suit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

He's suing everyone ...

Dinny O Brien eat yer heart out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

No, everyone's getting a law suit.

Just for that..you're getting one too!

But I'm your side

Are we sure he's actually suing her, or is it a terrible joke by him? His twitter is all craziness.

And there weren't that many 'kids'-most were adults aiming to win a Darwin award. He's an idiot.

Are we sure he's actually suing her, or is it a terrible joke by him? His twitter is all craziness.

And there weren't that many 'kids'-most were adults aiming to win a Darwin award. He's an idiot.

I'd say he meant to quote someone else in that thread but it looks like it's her he's adressing. Yes, his feed is carcrash central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd would have said leave him alone you're all well educated and he's a traveller without the same access etc but sure we're all equal now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Either do I. Most of his generation and the next generation of Irish comedians are incredibly unfunny. I got a present of his DVD one Christmas and it was one of the worst things I ever saw. Naked Camera.

I'd would have said leave him alone you're all well educated and he's a traveller without the same access etc but sure we're all equal now

Sure hes better educated than many of us, myself included. Certainly more successful. Most folks where I grew up are lucky to have a leaving cert. I'm grateful to have mine at least.
    Either do I. Most of his generation and the next generation of Irish comedians are incredibly unfunny. I got a present of his DVD one Christmas and it was one of the worst things I ever saw. Naked Camera.

He's got this irritating voice, and even used the Tuam babies case to 'promote' himself, as he was adopted and did the 'could have been me' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Sure hes better educated than many of us, myself included. Certainly more successful. Most folks where I grew up are lucky to have a leaving cert. I'm grateful to have mine at least.

He's got this irritating voice, and even used the Tuam babies case to 'promote' himself, as he was adopted and did the 'could have been me' thing.

'He even used the Tuam babies scandal to promote himself as he was adopted and did the could have been me thing'

Jesus RabbleRouser your lack of empathy and desire to twist people s motive into your own grubby mindset is astonishing.

PJ Gallagher s mother was in Bessborough House when he was born and subsequently put up for adoption. Bessborough House is the location of June Golding's harrowing memoir of life in one of these schools. He spoke about this after reading the memoir. Would you prefer if he kept his past a secret in order to suit the likes of you, in case you accuse him of some sort of perverse 'virtue signalling' . Maturity is at a premium round here sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I don't mind PJ for 30 mins in the mornings when I'm waiting for adult radio to start... I do remember watching his first stand up dvd with the mrs and it was tripe and I wouldn't go see him live, I wouldn't go see anyone live any more though.

I wouldn't have though he jumped on a band wagon to promote himself though, he seems quite humble, he even volunteers with the RNLI so have to admire him for that, he only spoke about it coz his mam told everyone he had joined the "INLA"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,084 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't mind PJ for 30 mins in the mornings when I'm waiting for adult radio to start... I do remember watching his first stand up dvd with the mrs and it was tripe and I wouldn't go see him live, I wouldn't go see anyone live any more though.

I wouldn't have though he jumped on a band wagon to promote himself though, he seems quite humble, he even volunteers with the RNLI so have to admire him for that, he only spoke about it coz his mam told everyone he had joined the "INLA"

Yeah he seems a likable chap

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Saw him 2 times doing stand up gigs and on both occasions it was unbelievably funny. I cant remember laughing as much. Not a fan of all the stuff he does on telly but he seems like a down to earth fella

People need to man up at this stage, don't ****ing go to it if you think it will offend you.

Really sad generation we are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

deisedav wrote: »
    Saw him 2 times doing stand up gigs and on both occasions it was unbelievably funny. I cant remember laughing as much. Not a fan of all the stuff he does on telly but he seems like a down to earth fella

That can happen. Someone who comes across incredibly unfunny on TV can be funny in a different format. PJ Gallagher's TV output especially his Naked Camera shows are among the most unfunny things ever. But outside of this, he could have other things to offer that RTE and the like won't show.

• Advertisement

People need to man up at this stage, don't ****ing go to it if you think it will offend you.

Really sad generation we are in.

Meh, people got offended qbout everything. It's not a generational thing. Look at the stuff that offended folks in the past. Tommy Tiernan in the 90s,George Carlins '7 words you can't say on TV' etc.

If anything, it makes people rise up and offend and say worse.

Advertisement