Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Read that Jason Byrne split up with his wife. Never knew he has two kids of 18 and 11. I feel sorry for them, dad jokes must have an all too familiar annoyance for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

There's a lad from 'round these here parts who shares his moniker with a famous person. Every time I read one of his posts I think.... ''the Jason Byrne of Boards.ie''
    Loud, brash, embarrassing, but most importantly....very, very unfunny!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Read that Jason Byrne split up with his wife. Never knew he has two kids of 18 and 11. I feel sorry for them, dad jokes must have an all too familiar annoyance for them.

jaysus, below the belt. 14 years of marriage and kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's a lad from 'round these here parts who shares his moniker with a famous person. Every time I read one of his posts I think.... ''the Jason Byrne of Boards.ie''
    Loud, brash, embarrassing, but most importantly....very, very unfunny!

Desperate for attention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I wonder if it has to do with his dealings with the law? I mean, he got in trouble not too long ago for driving with a suspended license, so you can imagine he was a bit feckless with other things too-maybe not keen to grow up.
    Which is grand if you're single, not so much if you've got two kids and wife at home.

Either way-breakups are nothing new. Happening in every town and village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

sightband wrote: »
    jaysus, below the belt. 14 years of marriage and kids.

ah lighten up will ya? He is an unfunny comedian who has most of us here scrambling for the tv remote. Could you imagine having to live with his *jokes* day in day out? It would drive you insane, the guy acts like a child and has as much sense of humour as a bag of carrots

ah lighten up will ya? He is an unfunny comedian who has most of us here scrambling for the tv remote. Could you imagine having to live with his *jokes* day in day out? It would drive you insane, the guy acts like a child and has as much sense of humour as a bag of carrots

Yeah-PJ Gallagher's marriage fell apart too. After about two years. Nobody shed a tear there either.

Yeah-PJ Gallagher's marriage fell apart too. After about two years. Nobody shed a tear there either.

tough audience. two of em are without doubt two of the most unfunny overrated etc...but taking the piss out of marriage breakdowns with kids involved. dont really get it.

sightband wrote: »
    tough audience. two of em are without doubt two of the most unfunny overrated etc...but taking the piss out of marriage breakdowns with kids involved. dont really get it.

It's comedy-sometimes there are victims. PJ Gallagher doesn't have any kids, Jason Byrne had kids before he was married, so if he had split up prior to 'putting a ring on it' nobody would care.

I see that Rorie's painfully unfunny Stories is still going. There was one where he was pretending to get sick on a plane, no punchline or anything, just that he was feeling sick on a plane.

1.2 MILLION VIEWS.

People are idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I see that Rorie's painfully unfunny Stories is still going. There was one where he was pretending to get sick on a plane, no punchline or anything, just that he was feeling sick on a plane.

1.2 MILLION VIEWS.

People are idiots.

Really don't get this guys popularity. His latest Carpool Kareoke with Aslan...painful stuff.

Really don't get this guys popularity. His latest Carpool Kareoke with Aslan...painful stuff.

Oh Jesus in Heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone see nationwide this evening?

they had a special on the edinburgh fringe festival and...
    Jason Byrne has sold out 26 nights i kid you not, so someone must like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

fryup wrote: »

Unbelievable.

I can't even begin to understand his appeal. Very one dimensional, loud, in your face stuff. I'd imagine he'd squirm at the thought of attempting a subtle stand-up routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Oh Jesus in Heaven

He is about ten levels down from pat shortts worst material.

And that’s sayin somethin !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Are the shows in a cupboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

How f*cking small is the venue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,817 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

1.2 MILLION VIEWS.

People are idiots.

I made theistake of looking this up.
    Curiosity got the better of me so I gave 2 more vids a go.
    That is some of the most insufferable non funny Bull Shyt I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so who's this rorie guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

How f*cking small is the venue?

I think as at him back in 2007 and he was in one of the biggest venues- 1500-2000 and he was doing about 15 nights back then. He is very successful at the fringe festival. He is dreadful on tv but anytime i’ve Seen him live where he has the show to himself he is very funny albeit in a very childish way.

• Advertisement

so who's this rorie guy?

Bog warrior GAA lad who has a widespread audience of thick bog monkey followers that love his stuff. his material is utter sh*t and is Facebook clip driven. The fat slob sidekick he has is far more talented.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I thought Rorys Storys was that beardy guy who films all his videos sitting in his car but just looked it up and its even worse which is some achievement.

Oh Jesus in Heaven

I didn't even watch that video, and I double over in pain like I had multiple stomach ulcers...wow...just, wow.

It must be down to boredom and cheap booze-only explanation. Other times you see 'free tickets' giveaways on RTE or wherever.

It's my only conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Twink in her trying to be a comedian phase was fairly dire. Of course the old rte incest circle ensured she got gigs with Uncle Gaybo and Mike Murphy show

Edgware wrote: »
    Twink in her trying to be a comedian phase was fairly dire. Of course the old rte incest circle ensured she got gigs with Uncle Gaybo and Mike Murphy show

Her and Maureen Potter tried 'standup' and...yeah, results were painfully unfunny.

Potter at least tried-she was never a really spiteful, hateful woman...like Adele King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Roisin Conaghty, one of the worst comedians/panelists I’ve ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Edgware wrote: »

I can't find it on Youtube but I remember seeing this sketch of hers from the Live Mike about a pirate radio station that I'm pretty sure ripped off a scene in the Young Ones down to the line "one yank and its off" about her characters dress.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Roisin Conaghty, one of the worst comedians/panelists I’ve ever seen.

Meh, her parents are Irish, she's British. Doesn't fit the criteria of the thread. (Plus, she makes me laugh on occassion).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Maureen potter I always found unfunny however it was a different time and in fairness her audience back then thought she was absolutely amazingly funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Advertisement