Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Joan Rivers was. And in writing Caroline Aherne and Victoria Wood we're brilliant.

That's it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Sarah Palin is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

He's not Irish or a comedian, but he's also not in the least bit funny so I'll throw David Mitchell into the mix.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    He's not Irish or a comedian, but he's also not in the least bit funny so I'll throw David Mitchell into the mix.

His mrs is funnier than him and she's not trying to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

She is always excellent on Have I got news for you.

• Advertisement

She is always excellent on Have I got news for you.

She's her dad's wit alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

fryup wrote: »
    anyone see nationwide this evening?

they had a special on the edinburgh fringe festival and...
    Jason Byrne has sold out 26 nights i kid you not, so someone must like him

Eh! I had a look on the fringe website (edfringe) and for the 10 days remaining of his show, there are tickets available for 9 of them

bob mcbob wrote: »
    Eh! I had a look on the fringe website (edfringe) and for the 10 days remaining of his show, there are tickets available for 9 of them

And described there as "outright king of live comedy".

They've clearly literally never seen ANY other comic, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ah now, Mitchell and Webb was flipping hilarious.

I think it's more because she's down to earth-and like, she's a deist, but not in a 'shoves it in your face' way, but more in an intelligent, able to defend her position kinda way. David's Agnostic, so I like that they didn't clash over belief or non-belief. Sorry, a tangent, I admit, but I just find her interesting.

Ah now, Mitchell and Webb was flipping hilarious.

I think it's more because she's down to earth-and like, she's a deist, but not in a 'shoves it in your face' way, but more in an intelligent, able to defend her position kinda way. David's Agnostic, so I like that they didn't clash over belief or non-belief. Sorry, a tangent, I admit, but I just find her interesting.

Mitchell and Webb's skit on the Liverpool fan was hilarious!

I go over each week for the Everton games and they've nailed the stay at home fan perfectly!!!!

• Advertisement

Mitchell and Webb's skit on the Liverpool fan was hilarious!

I go over each week for the Everton games and they've nailed the stay at home fan perfectly!!!!

I love 'The Scarecrow' as well as Jesus and the Samaritans. And their version of Cyrano is bloody genius.

As is Sir Digby Chicken Caesar. XD

I love 'The Scarecrow' as well as Jesus and the Samaritans. And their version of Cyrano is bloody genius.

As is Sir Digby Chicken Caesar. XD

Ah stop I'm chuckling too much and it's giving away am skiving!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Camille Crooked Scab

Podge and rodge are returning apparently - the bad news - with Doireann Garrihy

This whole thing is bad news-the only thing that topped it on the bad news stakes was Aretha Franklin passing away.

I'd hazard a guess Stephen Byrne's repeating the Leaving Cert will be more entertaining. And no, I'm not trashing Stephen, he's grand tbh. I'm trashing RTE's schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I'm not seeing any good news there either, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

And described there as "outright king of live comedy".

They've clearly literally never seen ANY other comic, ever.

One Irish comedian that has completely sold out his shows at the Fringe is Dylan Moran - going to see him next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Rte are really trying to push that Garity crowd down viewers throats.

What did we ever do them ? Is this a wierd Dub plot to get their own Seoige's ????

Cos they were ****e too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

anyone see nationwide this evening?

they had a special on the edinburgh fringe festival and...
    Jason Byrne has sold out 26 nights i kid you not, so someone must like him

I think he’s had declining sales for a while now, he’s no longer in the biggest venues, down still in big venues but sales aren’t sold out at all this year, so it will be interesting to see where he lands next year.

What did we ever do them ? Is this a wierd Dub plot to get their own Seoige's ????

Cos they were ****e too!

RTE do this 'bet on the wrong pony, wear them out until you can't give em away' every so often.
    Carrie Crowley was RTE's 'big find' many years ago-and they put her in EVERYTHING. Not joking. Started with I believe Echo Island, Eurovision, a cooking show (Pot Luck I believe it was called), and the nail in her coffin was a chat show on a Sunday night, even with her appearances on the Morbegs. She's in Fair City now, but never really recovered her presenting career.

Laura Woods was a continuity girl who then went into presenting, got herself a chatshow with yer man Aiden whatshisface called the Cafe, was getting more high profile gigs-and then got The Big Money game (or was it the Trump Card), which was an expensive failure. (Aiden whatshisface was often given big gigs by RTE too-he gets side gigs now).

Brian Ormond was another one-he was in everything RTE could force him into, until his dealings with the Viper killed his career. (Never thought I'd be grateful for the Viper).

The Seoige's-everyone knows their tv history.

Aoibheann Ni Shuilleabhain-had little gigs, but RTe just didn't know what to do with her as a presenter, really.

Bibi Baskin-similar wear em out and dump em.

Daithi O'Shea...God, he's been there too long.

Claire Byrne is one gamble I think RTE are losing heavily on. I imagine TV3 are like 'suckers'-they couldn't wait to be rid of her.

Baz Ashmawy keeps coming back-and I wish he didn't.

Lucy Kennedy-oh God, remember when RTE were shoving her in everything, including Podge and Rodge and then her own chatshow? It seems if RTE want to 'kill you off' they give you a chatshow talking to Z listers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Podge and rodge are returning apparently -

kinda like P&R, esp when they're interviewing overseas celebrities who find the whole rural irish culchie scene baffling

kinda like P&R, esp when they're interviewing overseas celebrities who find the whole rural irish culchie scene baffling

Tbf, I think most people find Hollywood or wherever baffling.

Paedophiles and rapists winning awards... just nope.

And if they think that's baffling (the celebrities) tell about a woman in Dublin who used the media to get a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well, the Sindo and the Indo are at it too, and trying to make their focking Mom a celeb too. I’ve heard them referred to as “the Irish Kardashians”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Carrie Crowley, She's in Fair City now, but never really recovered her presenting career.

Brian Ormond was another one-he was in everything RTE could force him into, until his dealings with the Viper killed his career. (Never thought I'd be grateful for the Viper).

Claire Byrne is one gamble I think RTE are losing heavily on. I imagine TV3 are like 'suckers'-they couldn't wait to be rid of her.

Carrie Crowley lol

What's this about Brian Ormond?

As for Claire Byrne, isn't her talent in riding her way to the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

He was excellent in Peep Show though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Testament1 wrote: »
    He was excellent in Peep Show though!

As he is in Would I Lie To You? though it is starting to sag a little bit after so many series, as any format would to be fair. Why he has been dragged into this particular thread, I really haven't the faintest idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

As he is in Would I Lie To You? though it is starting to sag a little bit after so many series, as any format would to be fair. Why he has been dragged into this particular thread, I really haven't the faintest idea.

He must have left wing leanings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

many moons ago i was in Australia, and Jimeoin was huge there at the time

i was baffled by it all, found him about as funny as waking up in a operating theatre during a vasectomy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Dannyriver wrote: »
    He must have left wing leanings

All political comedy is ****ing boring, it's also cheap and lazy. Mitchell's been doing it for too long.

He's a great actor though and Peep Show is an all time great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

many moons ago i was in Australia, and Jimeoin was huge there at the time

i was baffled by it all, found him about as funny as waking up in a operating theatre during a vasectomy
    Because there's such a big irish community in Oz throwing their money around a lot of well known irish bands and comedians that struggle over here can do really well for themselves over there.

Even if their really not that good.

Advertisement